O for Old Trafford and Owesome


Advertisement
Published: June 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Thursday I woke up at 6:30am, pushed my snooze button, finally arose at 6:40am, had a quick shower, realized it was 6:50 and sprinted to the train station. Thankfully I am quick and the train didn’t leave early. Where was I going? Manchester. Old Trafford more precisely. There was 6 of us in total. Stuey started drinking there and then, a few of us had a snooze, and we arrived into Manchester around 9:30. It was freezing, thankfully I had a change of clothes, none of the others did they were all in shorts and t-shirts and frigid. After a feed of McDonalds we rocked up at the ground and got our seats. The West Indies were doing their fielding drills right in front of us so that was good to watch.

England won the toss and lost Strauss early before Cook and Vaughn got stuck in. Cook is in great form and was smashing it before being caught well by Dwayne Bravo. So after a fast start the West Indies pegged the poms back before Prior joined Bell who pushed the score up to 300. So it was a good day of cricket to watch and at the end of the first day was rather evenly poised. We joined in with Mexican waves, chants and general shenanigans.

After the game we went to grab some beers for the train ride home. This was rather eventful because Cozza found a deal on Carling - 8 beers for 5 pounds. He then realized that it was 6 pounds for 8 of the same beers if they were cold. This didn’t stand well with Cozza who got the manger over and complained, the manager explained that it was out of his hands, so Cozza decided to take his complaint to a police officer outside the store. Thankfully the cop just laughed at him and Cozza reluctantly paid for the cold beers.

We managed to scab first class seats on the way home. Well more like just went and sat in them and didn’t get kicked out!

Saturday we played Leyland at home. A good bowling performance restricted them to 146 off their 50 overs. I picked up 2 wickets for 31 runs off 11 overs. I was also required with the bat and helped see us home with 26 not out.

After the game I trained to Ulverston and meet with Nicola and some of her college mates. They are all good sorts and some of their stories were priceless.

Sunday was spent chilling out in the sun, the weather here lately has been amazing. Touch wood.
Anyway send me an email and let me know what you’ve been up to.
Take it easy, and if it’s easy … take it twice.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



10th July 2007

Awesome Blog
Hi Ryan, What an awesome blog! Great to hear what you have been up to and wicked stories. I especially like the one about your friend who was coming to pick you up and his air bags went off - that sounds absolutely classic and would've been hilarious to see!! Sounds like you are having an awesome time - when are you heading back to London? All the best & keep on having lots of fun, Em & Rich

Tot: 0.31s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 32; qc: 127; dbt: 0.1827s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb