Roa Island – The Venice of Barrow


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cumbria » Lake District
June 19th 2007
Published: September 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I have had the whole family visiting in various stages of late. Firstly my brother Todd and his girlfriend Rachel made the trip up from Wigan. He is a cricket pro down there and Rachel was over visiting. My sister Jaimee has made the big move from NZ with her boyfriend Joel and is now living in London. She decided to kill two birds with one stone, or more simply put: see two brothers in one visit. It was great to catch up on each others news and was hard to believe that it had been a year since I had seen Jaimee. On one of the days we stocked up on sweets (Jaimee is addicted) and climbed up a mountain in the Lake District - Coniston Old Man to be precise.Todd and Rachel headed off from Barrow first to do some travel around Europe, visiting Paris, Rome and Venice. Jaimee and I saw the next best thing to Venice - Roa Island (The Venice of Barrow). We had a feed, threw rocks at boats and had a round of golf. We finished just in time as a massive storm came rolling over. The weather here lately has been of four types: atrocious, abysmal, awful or absolutely sh*t.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb