The days of a million steps!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
May 8th 2008
Published: May 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi All!

Well we (Jo, Helen and I) ventured into London yesterday for the day, and stayed for the night before we caught the tour out to Stonehenge and Bath today. London was awesome!! We walked so much though that we figured our feet would fall off, but we shopped enough to make it worth it! 😊 We took the train into London, and through Helen's awesome directions on the tube we were able to find our way to King's Cross and then on to our hotel. After checking in, we decided to head on to Covent Gardens for a little shopping (which turned out to be alot of shopping!) We wandered up and down, and up and down, and up and down again - before we headed to see the Trafalger Square, the Parliment Buildings and Big Ben - after taking a ton of pictures we hobbled back to the hotel, and decided that we would head out on a walking tour of Jack the Ripper. So back we went from King's Cross to Tower Hill to pick up the walking tour, our tour guide was very eccentric to say the least - but he was pretty entertaining! We started the tour at 7:30 and finished up at 9:30ish - so our feet were really sore by the time we finished, but sadly that wasn't all the walking that we had to do. We had to map out the way to the Thistle Euston hotel to make sure we knew where to catch our day trip to Stonehenge and Bath, we figured it was a nice little 10 minute walk from the hotel - but after 30 minutes we knew we were wrong! So at midnight we went to bed and had to be up at the crack of early to get ready for the pick up time at 5:30... We set out early and were on time for the coach, and even had a nice nap on the way out to see Stonehenge. On our tour we got to actually wander through the stone circle before it was open to the public and touch all of the rocks and take as many pictures as we liked, it was a really interesting experience, and I think we all got some great pictures! After about 40 minutes at Stonehenge, we had to set off to Lacock - which is a little historic town about 40 minutes from Stonehenge. All of the buildings were incredibly old and very beautiful, and we took a million more pictures! We stopped for a traditional English breakfast before we took off from Lacock and then we were on our way to Bath. About 5 minutes in to the coach ride all 3 of us were asleep ( and rightfully so!)... when we made it to Bath we went into the Roman Baths and checked out the natural hot springs. The architecture around the springs was very beautiful and the Abbey in the back ground was a really nice touch 😉 The weather was perfect for this kind of trek today, and we found a glassblowing shop before we took off from Bath... we were back in London at 3 then we caught the train back to Reading - where I think we will spend tomorrow just taking it easy!

Anyways - Saturday is our day trip to Bruges, so we should have more stories then!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb