Warwick and Shakespeare - all in one day!


Advertisement
Published: May 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi All!

So we (Jo, Helen and I) ventured up to Warwick Castle today to tour around. We travelled through the Castle and checked out all of the wax figures in all the rooms that were set up, and then we started the climb to the watch towers... first to the smaller tower that over looks the river and the boat houses. Beautiful scenery! Then we went down to the Peacock gardens and stopped for a drink and some ice cream before starting the 500 step climb to the top of the tallest watch tower! The first set of stairs wasn't bad at all because it was in the sun and easy to see! But the stairs inside the watch tower were a bit of another story - the spiral stairs were windy and so dark! I was really glad to see the top until I realized that we would have to take the same type of staircase to get back down! Well we made it back down (whew!) and headed up another tower, which wasn't NEARLY as tall - and took some awesome pictures... After a visit to the damp, dark dungeon area we hit the road to Stratford. (We forgot to take pictures in the stocks!)
Stratford was beautiful! We checked out Shakespeares birthplace and went through a little museum and learned all about his lifetime, and all his works. The house was very old - it is hard to imagine that people actually lived in there. The gardens were beautiful, and we also visited the houses of Shakespeares daughter and granddaughter, which were also very old, but I was surprised to see how big the houses were way back then... After a full day of history we hit the shops for a while, the weather was beautiful (+24) and it was so nice to walk around in the sun!

Anyways - tomorrow is on to London for the night before we catch our tour out to Stonehenge!
-Jess

Advertisement



6th May 2008

Ah!
Le sigh! xoxo

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb