The city of Chocolate!!


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium
May 11th 2008
Published: May 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,

So Saturday we headed off for the day to Bruges, Belgium with Helen, Jane and Alan - the bus ride was about 4 hours and then we had to cross over to France on the ferries. I had never been on a ferry that size in my life - so it was quite an experience! I had to laugh when we pulled up to them, when Helen was in Canada we took her on our little 4 car ferry to Peace River - but it would have been totally small potatoes compared to these huge ferries!!
Bruges was very beautiful and very hot! We got off the bus around 1pm and wandered into the marketplace for some lunch before we started to wander through the shops and take pictures. It is a really beautiful town, and an afternoon wasn't enough time to see it all, but we did get a taste of the town and I think we both agree that it is a place to visit again! We checked out the lace which is made in Bruges, and the smell of all the chocolate from the little chocolate shops was to die for! We did pick up quite a bit of chocolate - and maybe (if we are lucky) some of it will make it all the way back home 😊 There were horses and carriages everywhere taking people around the town, and the town was very busy that day, but it was a wonderful day trip - we highly recommend Bruges!!

Advertisement



11th May 2008

City of Chocolate!
How will you ever be able to leave?! :)
12th May 2008

YUMMY
CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to see that you are not missing me at all. Some of that chocolate better end up on desk.

Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb