Segovia


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid
January 13th 2006
Published: January 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Cafe y ChocolateCafe y ChocolateCafe y Chocolate

This hot chocolate was amazing!
Today we ventured to Segovia with the school. An hour and fifteen minute trip, during which I was sleeping, north of the city. The beauty and history of the city is not only long traced, but very rich. The city has moorish or middle eastern influence. This can be seen in Alcazar, the fort and other architecture such as this. Also, this castle was the inspiration for Cinderella's castle in Walt Disney World. The city also holds the best remains of any Roman Aqueduct system. Can you believe that there is no cement holding it together! Just the blocks. The cathedral was also beautiful, but didn't have very good staied glass. The alter is crusted in gold. The ceiling is a tower of gothic inspiration. Segovia is also known for having the best suckling pig and lamb in the world. So during lunch time, that's what my group ordered. It was a bit expensive, but still amazing. The girl sitting next to me, Crystal, is like Rachael, because she doesn't eat most meat. She felt like being adventurous and getting the pig. When it came, and was a leg, still with a hoof, she almost puked. She didn't eat very much. The ride back was tiring and I don't feel that well so I'm going to take a nap. It's been a long day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

The aqueductThe aqueduct
The aqueduct

Built in the 1st century, with only stone, no cement, it still stands strong.
Peoples...Peoples...
Peoples...

Bart, Lindsay, Howard, Billy
JesusJesus
Jesus

During the easter holidays they carry the Jesus around the main square.


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb