Boating to Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
July 3rd 2007
Published: July 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Gaudi BuildingGaudi BuildingGaudi Building

Unfortunately we left the name of the building at the hostel. Hopefully you can see the unusual design.
Hey all,
We finally made it to Spain from Rome on our 19 hour ferry, and take it from us. If you ever need to do that trip, don't. It was the longest journey we have had. Our boat was late and we left at 3 am and didn't arrive in Barcelona until 2 am then next morning. It was not the cruise we had been hoping for. Regardless, we are here now and in a great city.

One of our favorite parts of the city were the street performers. It was as if anyone with any sort of idea would just try it out on the street for money. There were dancers, puppet people, people painted silver and just sitting on a toilet, and some dressed like Marilyn Monroe just standing doing nothing. It was funny. We took a gondola ride above the city and walked around the Olympic Park there. A lot of the stadiums were really great, but we were sad to see that they seem empty now with nothing going on. The famous designer Gaudi did a lot of the sites around the city and we also took a lot at some of those. He was known for his different styles as you can see in the pictures.

We ended our time in Barcelona with a famous pub crawl where a large group of people pay a fee and are taken from bar to bar and handed drinks all night. You end up at a club and then hopefully stumble home. It was a good idea at the time, but Sunday all we saw of Barcelona was the room in our hostel. Next we are headed to Madrid.

Happy late birthday James, we will see you in a week.

Happy 4th to you all.

Love
Brandon and Sami


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0695s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb