Lovin' Lagos


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Algarve » Lagos
July 20th 2007
Published: July 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey all,
Yeah, so we have been slacking quite a bit with our blogging. As our trip nears it's end we are spending as much time in the sun and at the sights as we can. Since our last entry we have moved around a lot, but dare not miss some of the places we have been.

One of the most beautiful cities we have been to is Lagos in southern Portugal. It is a small, laid back town, but because of the scenery it is not one to miss. While here we stayed with an amazing lady in her apartment. She and her husband were in their late 70's and had two bedrooms that they rent out to travelers on a budget. It was so nice. She cooked for us, did Brandon's laundry and cleaned our room everyday. We had a great time, the only problem was that she didn't speak a word of English and we speak no Portugese. Only through very broken Spanish were we able to communicate with her, and a lot of hand gestures.

This little town in the south of Portugal has many beaches that are separated by little grottos. You can walk underneath pathways cut out of the rock to get from one beach to another. We spent a lot of time on the beach there, and other than a little incident involving soaking Brandon in beer, all was well. We were at a little cafe sitting a a ricketing table and we both ordered two large beers. I got up to go to the ATM and when I came back I accidentally hit the table and sent one beer spilling all over Brandon's right leg. As I tried to grab for the other beer I hit the table again and sent the other beer spilling all over his left leg. I wanted to die, but he was a good sport about it and didn't mind.

Hope all is well with everyone and have and great July.

Love,
Sami and Brandon


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 15; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb