We’re on a Ship


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway » Bergen
August 6th 2023
Published: August 6th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Bags packed, breakfast fine, Pippa called which was nice so chatted with her, Chris and Charlie then out of the hotel to our ship.

Same departure area when we caught the Hurtigruten ship. Very smooth checkin but this time we had to take all the bags with us. No real problem there, just took a bit longer to get on.

Unfortunately our cabin wasn’t ready so we sat in a bar at the pointy end of the ship (window seat). Sailed away early and down the fjords towards Denmark.

Cabins now available so off we go. Our cabin is right down the blunt end - Murphy’s law…..

Found it after wandering along corridors that never go straight. In we go. Wowsers. Luxurious cabin. Double bed with a couch/3rd bed if needed. Huge porthole and a bathroom that is reasonably sized. Happy with this one. Would have been excellent for the 7 days on Hurtigruten but not to be.

Wandered the ship, booked a table for dinner and investigated all the outside areas - and maybe a few internal ones as well. Looked in the duty free shopping area. A few Aussie wines there - Koonunga Hill, 19 Crimes and Jacobs Creek. Prices weren’t too bad considering what we have been paying over the table at restaurants.

Very relaxing sailing through the fjords between all the islands along the way out of Norway. Will be in Denmark (Hirtshalls) tomorrow morning at 0730.

Did dinner in the restaurant again. Very quiet and great service by our Danish waiter. Loved a chat and had quite a few strong opinions about the world as it sits today.

Looked at the duty free shop but had the wrong currency conversion so what we thought was reasonable turned out to be expensive. And hard to carry wine and beers off the ship.

The ship is in open waters now and I think we will be rocked to sleep nicely.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb