Norways Iconic Coastal Voyage


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway » Bergen
February 27th 2023
Published: February 27th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Day 1 Day 1 Day 1

Wow amazing on day 1
Well it started yesterday with, to be totally honest, a full day travelling to Bergen. This seems so weird as it is not that far but I suppose when you have to change in Amsterdam and have a couple of hours there it does take its toll.



We arrived in Amsterdam and knowing that alcohol was really expensive on the ship, e.g a bottle of house wine £50, we thought we would have a beer in the terminal before we went to the gate - BIG MISTAKE as we did not envisage having to go through customs again. Now because we are not in the EU we had to queue up and not go through the electronic gates. Well when you have only 2 boarder guards on and we seem to have people with issues with their passports - time was ticking along - Mike was sweating profusely and saying we are going to miss our connection - me trying to calm him down saying it will be alright whilst crossing my fingers, toes and anything else I could cross. We just and I mean yes just made it.



So first night on board and well our cabin looks like it is out of cell block H. Sue and Eric’s had no view at all apart from a metal frame - so they got their cabin upgraded at a cost. Rachel and Andrew‘s cabin is also in cell block H. Lets hope we get a good night sleep - once again fingers are crossed.



We had our evening meal and we were then up on the top deck inside and you will never believe it we are told by a crew member that we need to get outside to see the Northern Lights - yes the Northern Lights on the first night. At the beginning if I am totally honest it just seemed to be a white light and I had read somewhere if you use your phone camera it will show the lights in colour which miraculously it did. However, after a time you actually see the colour of the lights and they were vivid green.



So not bad for night one of the journey.

Advertisement



27th February 2023

So glad u made it!!
Love these reads! ❤️💙💜

Tot: 0.533s; Tpl: 0.265s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0765s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb