Carrribean leg - Day 1 and Day 2


Advertisement
Published: November 9th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Day One of the Barbados to Panama cruise to Soufriere St Lucas

So who are our crew this leg of the journey?

So of course there is myself and Mike, then we also have Eric and Sue and our American contingency Cleve and Sandy who went across the Atlantic with us. Now we have more crew who have joined us Sue, Anne, Kate and Julie who are Sue and Eric’s Friends and then Sylvia and Mimi and Mike and Darleen who are the friends of Cleve and Sandy‘s. Introductions now complete.

So Mike and I are up early for the sunrise and it was brilliant as no one else is there apart from another lady. It was nice to have Mike get up this early - not like when we crossed the Atlantic it is definitely a different passenger on board now.

We have renamed Sandy, who is an American lady who travelled with us and her husband Cleve across the Atlantic, “The Ticket Tout” as poor Sandy aka Ticket Tout was being really nice and signing people up to excursions and did not realise she had signed two of her friends up to a excursion the
SoufriereSoufriereSoufriere

What a pretty place
next day which you have to give 24 hours notice to cancel - and they didn’t want to do the excursion!! So now if we see Sandy, aka Ticket Tout, sidling up to someone she is probably whispering “do you want to buy a ticket”, ha ha

Mike was getting tea for some of us when he came across other guests who had brought their tea pots, yes tea pots, on the cruise and not only that but one had a tea cosy - this trip is going to be fun - unfortunately they were English so we had to take that one on the chin!

Now the best bit and this is all before 8am, Eric who again crossed the Atlantic with us was once again waiting to make a cup of tea and an American lady said is this cup stirrer wet or dry rubbish as you are supposed to separate them - then you will not believe it she said should we call the Captain to find out - well I think the Captain is better suited at Captaining the ship than being called down to let the lady know where to put her stick stirrer!!! This trip is going to be a good one.

We went on a zip wire excursion which was really great and we went down 8 zip wires to get to the bottom. Unfortunately, they would not let us take cameras so no actual evidence for you to see.

We had a bit of excitement on the ship when the crew could not get the anchor up and we were stuck fast in the bay at Soufriere. So myself, Mike, Cleve and Sandy made a back up plan that we would swim ashore and paint over the sign that we were in Soufriere and paint that we had arrived in Tobago Cays, Grenadines and hope if we could not get the anchor up no one would notice. We even had a plan for the Panama leg but we did not think this would cut the mustard with the passengers so let’s hope we get the anchor up.

Day two - Tobago Cays

The day started well with a nice bit of breakfast and then we caught the tender onto the beach and had a full day snorkelling, swimming and also sun bathing. I have a full face snorkel and it is the first time I have used it and it is amazing and would never go back to the old type. Whilst snorkelling I saw sting rays and other types of fish which honestly I have not got a clue what they were. Someone did say there was a puffer fish but hey ho I have no idea.

Whilst coming back on the tender boat to the ship there were two couples of Americans and they were moaning about all sorts of stuff about the crew and the ship and I thought hey you need to look at where you are in paradise sailing around the Carribbean and all you can do is pick holes. So they were moaning that they did not see any animals on the Island so here was my chance so I said “did you not see the monkeys” 🙈 and they said no where were they so I pointed to where I pretended I had seen the monkeys and they said oh no we missed the monkeys and then had a major conversation about how awful they had missed them - it took a lot to stop myself and others from our crew from laughing out loud.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.362s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 14; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1108s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb