Arrived in Norway!!


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway » Bergen
July 23rd 2019
Published: July 23rd 2019
Edit Blog Post

Arrived?Arrived?Arrived?

Why the question mark????
God Kveld (Good evening)

After a long journey (actually normal flights, just a long stopover in Paris....), we arrived at the Bergen airport and were met within 2 minutes by Tore (father of the exchange family) who kindly drove us to our home. He gave us the scenic tour and a commentary of the interesting things we passed. A very scenic drive from Bergen to Os (pronounced Oos but we had been pronouncing it Oz all this time) and since we arrived home around 6pm, we just unpacked and ate some dinner and all passed out. Up this morning and eventually headed out in our cool electric car to check out the area nearby. There are lakes, fjords, mountains all at our doorstep. Actually, sitting on the back porch this evening, I am looking at both a lake and a mountain! Spectacular! It was a foggy morning and we walked around Os with umbrellas but it reminded us of Vancouver where the weather does not prevent anyone from being outside. In the afternoon, it became hot and sunny and we headed out down the road to hop on a local bus to take us to Bergen. The bus ride was extremely scenic. The Tall Ships Festival was happening so the harbour in Bergen was packed with the tall ships from all over the world. We walked all around the harbour and were able to board some of the ships and look around. This is a big festival and packed with people so you can imagine our surprise when we bumped into Tore and his wife!! There was also live music and lots of vendors set up. We enjoyed the bus ride back and are now sitting out on the deck watching Nigel crack his head on the awning every time he walks under it (he has done it 6 times now and I think I laugh harder each time). Gonna hit the turf across the road after dinner so Russell can kick a ball at me. I'll be fine......


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Houses about to fall off the mountainHouses about to fall off the mountain
Houses about to fall off the mountain

Too scary for me to live there.....


Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0665s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb