Boat to Rosendal


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway
July 24th 2019
Published: July 24th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Up early and went for another run which Nigel mapped out for me. It is a lovely scenic route up and down the rolling hills of our neighbourhood and past cows, lakes, and the fjord. Easy to forget I am running....Woke up the kids and headed out to Os to hop on the ferry down to Rosendal. This is a one-hour ferry ride through several fjords and past many many mountains and makes a few quick stops and ends at Rosendal. Here, we hiked up Sjethaug which is a small mountain with a fantastic lookout point at the top (which I have to take Nigel and Russell's word for since Rachel and I stopped before the top as I was getting nervous about the heights) but the lookout along the whole trail was gorgeous as it looked back over the harbour and across to the other mountains and a lovely waterfall on the opposite side. Interestingly, there were several small groups of cows along the trail just hanging out. One group in particular was parked directly across the trail and the boys had to literally climb over the cows to get by. Nigel was quite nervous that he might get kicked. Then hiked back down and walked over to an old church and then back down to the harbour area to stroll around till the ferry boarded. A lovely afternoon with unbelievable scenery. Back home now and relaxing and planning out our next few days. Another observation: Norwegian men of all ages love to take off their shirts while walking around. They will put it back on to go into a store and then back off it comes.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb