Ferry to Oslo, Norway.


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Eastern Norway » Oslo
June 23rd 2010
Published: June 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we left Denmark and took the 8.5 hr Stena ferry to Oslo. Overslept slightly having woken on the hour, every hour, except 7am !
No problem, packed up and at Frederikshavn we drove straight onto the ferry. Haven’t used our passports yet this trip.
Took fleeces and Regatta jackets with us against the expected cold. I also packed a suntop to wear under my sweater as a vest, just in case. Came in very handy as a suntop. As soon as we were on board the sun came out and stayed out all the way to Oslo and it was exceedingly hot. Suntan unexpectedly coming on a treat.

Very pleasant ferry ride. Had the buffet for lunch which was excellent and then didn’t really want anything else as we were too full.
Last 2.5 hours of the ‘cruise’ was really interesting as we had land on both sides as we drove up the fjord to Oslo. Lots of little islands and inlets. Before that we had Sweden on our right for a while. All the way into Oslo we were surrounded by boats of all different shapes and sizes. They buzzed all around.
Once in Oslo and out
OsloOsloOslo

Just coming in to Oslo we were constantly surrounded by boats
of the ferry port we were almost straight onto a motorway which was a bit scary and needed the Tomtom (Clarissa) to find us our stop spot for the night. This is the Oslo Bobilcampering which is the Norwegian version of a French Aire and is in a marina just 3km from Oslo centre.
Very pleasant spot and we found we had electric and there are a couple of showers. We parked right on the waterfront where entertainment is provided until very late (stays dark until well after 11pm) by boats being taken out of the water.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

UsUs
Us

taken by Tandy the motorhome through the window while we stood outside on the edge of the marina
TandyTandy
Tandy

Taken by me a reciprocal photo as it was such a lovely spot on the edge of the marina
Our campsite viewOur campsite view
Our campsite view

Midnight and still not really dark so took a shot across the marina


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb