Now we're in 2008


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Eastern Norway » Oslo
January 5th 2008
Published: January 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ice Bar, CopenhagenIce Bar, CopenhagenIce Bar, Copenhagen

It was an experience! Everything is made out of ice, even the glasses I'm holding. The downside was wearing the ugly smelly blue coat.
True to my word I am updating you with a blog that did not take quite as long as the last one to write.

Well since September lots have happened. Jens came from Germany and Danielle came from Australia to visit us as well as additional visits from Lars's family. We also managed to go to some concerts, Crowded House (rated badly and was something that we would probably never go and see if we were in a Australia and did not have Danielle visitng us at the time), Manu Chao was fantastic as always as was The Cat Empire (went with and met up with some norwegians with longing memories of drunken nights at the Night Cat in Brunswick st.)

In December, I managed to get a trip to Copenhagen with work, which was fun and even got to go to the Ice bar. It was an experience to maintain clarity with my colleagues after quite a few drinks I can tell you. See photo. I have managed to be sick at least every 3 weeks which could be a result of the increasing cold weather or maybe just too much alcohol. Who knows? I'm trying to cut
Christmas partyChristmas partyChristmas party

Here we go again, someone trying to be funny
down on the cold weather, I promise!

With tradition we had our xmas party and along with tradition Lars managed to pass out at his own party 2 hours before it ended. This time we were kind enough not to draw a moustache on him. We drank glogg, danced and, as with most of our parties of late, some of the night was spent on the floor picking up broken glass. Plastic cups will be mandatory at the next party.

For christmas we headed to Stavanger to spend it with Lars's family. We got all the specific christmas food, drinks and traditions as last year and millions of gifts. After a week spent there we went to Paris for New years. Paris was a beautiful city to visit. My favourite moment was at a resturant recommended to me by my french friend. We had traditional french food and all we could drink wine. Now that's my kind of place. And to add to all this, there was a busker in the restaurant which made people sing, clap and make friends all over the restaurant.

Miserable attempts

As part of christmas tradition we tried to make a christmas gingerbread house but failed miserably. Lars ended up cursing, burning his hand and still it looked nothing like it should have.

We had some damn cold days (-12) in Oslo in the middle of December without even getting snow. But during the last couple of days we finally did get some proper snow and to celebrate Lars and I thought we would make a snowman on our balcony. Lars excitingly informed me that the snow was just perfect to make one, so I was mislead out to the cold to make one. It didn't really turn out to the dimensions and appearance as others I have seen...

Stay tuned for the next blog...



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

1st failed attempt1st failed attempt
1st failed attempt

Christmas gingerbread house


6th January 2008

i only went to crowded house coz YOU GUYS wanted to go!!!!!!! ahahaha, how bad was it!!!!!!!!! thinking of y'all while i'm sitting here in 35 degree sunny summer....

Tot: 0.239s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb