oh me, oh my. firenze it is


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
November 13th 2008
Published: November 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

so i am writing at an odd time for us, normally we write at the end of our day before heading up to da room. BUT, let me tell you what we've got goin on here in Firenze! We step off our train and are following our directions to the hostel which are marked by McDonalds (i was a little sad inside, our roman picturesque hostel was fading). But then we hit the hostel, go up 4 flights of stairs and arrive at Luna Rossa. So it is quite quaint and coulouful, we got a map with all the places circled for us, just like at our last hostel. Marco, the guy famous on the hostel website i booked from was of course there- curly dark italian hair and all! So he eventually marches us down the street, then up some more stairs to our place. There's a communal kitchen and sitting area, very much a plus. We walk into our room, and ohhh the sight! Queen size bed, big italian open-uppy windows for me to sing out onto the street, antique italian furniture, italian artwork, private bath with "automatic lights" (no more turning on the lights ourselves like in manual light switching canada!), beday, shower, TOWELS, annnnd our own computer with skype and flatscreen tv with satellite. Craziness i tell yah, CRAZINESS! Why anyone would stay at a hotel here in italiano is beyond me. I thought it couldn't get better than our last place, well i stand corrected!!! here i am sitting on the end of the bed typing, chris rubbing my back...siggh italians sure know how to set up a grande place to sleep on a cheap euro. a double kiss cheek kiss for them!! Grazie Grazie!!!

But my favourite part of the day, maybe the entire trip so far was our leaving the train when we arrived here. There was this adorable professor eyebrowed, old italian man sitting next to me on the train. He snored part of the trip and the rest of it he did italian crosswords!!! Oh crosswords how i love thee, and italian crosswords are the path to my italiano heart! Anyway, when we left our seats i waved him a good-bye and he responded with a double handed talking-motion wave with a beautiful italian smile. oh my heart. that man has it on the train to milano. if only he had double kissed me, then i would be on the train to milano, and chris would have this room all to himself!

so, i'm sure chris will write later tonight to tell you about our plans to take a day trip to pisa, and i'm hoping maybe the wine tasting tour. oh baby, oh baby!

happy 24th birthday my sisser!!!!

love meg and chris

Ciao! Prego!

Advertisement



13th November 2008

So Jealous!
I love checking my email everyday and reading what adventures you two have had. I am jealous, this is something I would love to do some day with Jesse and MAYBE Kalum when he is old enough, but until then I will sit here at home and enjoy your stories. Can't wait for pictures :) Take care you two! Love loves, Katie
14th November 2008

I race home to my computer at night so see what the day's adventure has been. This is better than anything TV has to offer. Get a large glass of wine and warble out that window till your hearts content. What an adventure and it has only started.
14th November 2008

Hi Guys! Thanks for taking me along....but this is really a back seat...bet the view is better up there :) Enjoy!
14th November 2008

Have you been to the gypsy market?
When we were in Italy there was no room in Venice because of Holidays so after waiting hours in the train station we took a train at 4:00am to Florence and arrived at their station as the work day was starting. They were playing this rapid music over the pa system and everyone was rushing around like crazy. We went to the Hostel earlyand left our bags and off to the market we went. The next morning about 6:00 there was a great clatter in the alley below our room. The gypsy carts had been stored overnight in garages under the building!
14th November 2008

Good to hear your voice!!
So glad that we finally connected today. A hostel with a computer and TV in the room?? What kind of traveling is that? Remember to have "adventures"...if something doesn't meet your expectations, then just chalk it up to an adventure and enjoy the fact that you have seen and learned something new. I think of you often. Love MOM Sue

Tot: 0.191s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb