"Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here? "


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
November 12th 2008
Published: November 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The Colosseum and Roman Forum were the main stops on todays trip. We headed to the Forum first as we got a tip that the lines would be a lot more quick if you went there first before the Colosseum. So we headed out on foot from our hostel and about a 20 minute walk later (and a couple stops to take some pictures) we hit the Forum. This place was amazing. Buildings, ruins, pillars and arches filled these grounds like the scooters in the roads. The picutres here will be amazing and we cant wait to share them. After about 2 hours we headed to the Colosseum. What a site. It was just I expected (only in a little more ruin). We took an audioguide here to hear the history of it. We are just doing some laundry and heading to bed as we have an early train to Florence tomorrow. Again we hope to get some pictures up soon but until then youll have to use your imagination.

Chris

Advertisement



12th November 2008

I am using my imagination
Sounds like you are seeing the world in fine fashion...and that you are still flying high, Chris. Have a safe trip to Florence tomorrow and hope that your accommodations there will be just as grand.
13th November 2008

sounds great, can't wait to see the pictures. we're enjoying your stories. dad really enyoyed your phone call meg. miss you both love your lonely family in corbeil

Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 48; dbt: 0.079s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb