and walk we shall


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
November 14th 2008
Published: November 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

so our life is now consumed with walk, walk, walking. it took some time to get used to (north bay isn't a walking to get places kind of town). but we love our walks now. there is just sooo much to see, so many beautiful buildings, statues and chruches. every corner we turn we are stumbling onto something amazing. i'll be looking in one direction taking pictures of one beutiful thing, and chris taps me on the shoulder and i turn around and he'll be looking at something else amazing. we just laugh because it's unbelievable.
today we had a visit with mister David here in Firenze. what a sight!! he was enourmous, way bigger than i had imagined that's for sure. i was much more excited and impressed by the statue than i thought i would be. we weren't allowed to take pictures, but i was a bad tourist and snuck a few. the other amateur tourists were getting caught left and right with the italian security ladies yelling "no peeek-cha!!!! no peek-chaaaa!!!", chris and i were pretty sly, i was impressed with our tricksy ways.
we wondered around and took it easy the rest of the day, since chris and i both are coming down with colds. actually i went into the "farmacia" to get us some cold and flu pills-well that was interesting. so i ask the pharmacist "parlo inglese?" and no she does not. so i point to my throat and make a pained face, she gets it right away and gives me some italian lozenges (i'd already got some of these earlier), so i shook my head and made a swallowing sound really loud, with a motion of something going down my throat. she nodded and gave me some swallow ones. she somehow managed to communicate to me one 1 the morning 1 at night, not two. haha it was an interesting experience, i felt like it was a international version of charades- and ohhh how i love charades.
later in the day while walking through one of the many piazza's a guy tried to sell us something, so i responded with the trusty "no grazie, no grazie". and the italiano man told me that i speak very good italian!!! oh how it made my life! chris said he said it to get me to buy something, but i choose to believe that i am just very fluent in saying no in italian!

anyways, not too many exciting things today in the blog, BUT we did get an adapter to load some pictures, so check'em out!
and we love everyone's msgs and comments! chris and i always race to see who's written us.

love meg and chris

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb