OH MY GOODNESS!!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
November 11th 2008
Published: November 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

BONJOURNO EVERYONE

So on the way back from everything today Meg and I finally remembered what day it was. So at first we would like to remember everyone who gave their lives for Canada.

Well to start off the day we went and got a free cappuccino and pastry at a close "snack bar" then headed out on our travels for the day. We headed down the Termini Roma and saw the craziness there, jumped on a bus and headed to Vatican City. When we arrived we finally knew we were on vacation. This place was so amazing. There was a very big line to get in so after turning away some tour opportunities we headed in. We ended up getting passed the security then followed everyone to the right. Our first mistake of the day. We left the vatican. Us along with 2 other couples had accidentally followed everyone leaving the place. Guess what the other 2 couples were Canadian. So after some good chat with one of the couples we ended up back in line, back to security but this time to the left we went. There was a bunch of chair set up outside for the Pope but did not get to see him this visit. Maybe another time. Our first self tour was the Tomb of the Vatican where all the popes and special people were buried. This was a humbling place. This and the Sistine Chapel were the only places we were not allowed to take pictures. Meg will have to tell you what she felt in there but I was blown away. Meg had a stop at the tomb of the last pope and then we headed up into the Cathedral. This was also quite amazing. We have so many pictures from inside that they will speak words for us. After the cathedral we headed back out and went up to the top of the cathedral. This was probably the worst part of the day for me. Mom you would have freaked out. I did. This place did not have any warnings. The hallways for the stairs got really small and there were about 400 steps. I was absolutely dead by the time we got to the top that I had a panic attack. I didnt think that I could make it down. Well we ended up back at the bottom and off for lunch we went. After some pesto and pizza, we headed towards the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel. This place was also very amazing. I am so humbled to be here and realize how young I am compared to the world. On the trip back to the hostel we walked to Castel SantAngelo took some pictures. After that dinner at the Pantheon. Was a treat. We will post pictures when we have a chance. The computers here dont take SD cards.

Thanks everyone for the support. More stories to come.


Advertisement



12th November 2008

Keep a paper bag handy!!
Sounds like you both are seeing things you never could imagine. I told you Chris, that you were just a young thing and had lots of time to do whatever you want. I knew that you would find a reason for "passion" on this trip...sounds like it is happening already. So keep a paper bag handy in case of a panic attack. Breathe into it whenever you need to catch you breath...then onward to the next adventure.
13th November 2008

so nice
so nice to see the world from fresh eyes. !!!!.thanks for letting me be part of your adventure..oh what I would give to be there..they say the food there is great..hope you find some of it..Ciao

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0598s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb