Killarney 25Aug


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Kerry » Killarney
August 25th 2009
Published: August 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

BunrattyBunrattyBunratty

Group at the Banquet
Today I left Killarney, but on the way out, stopped off to have a look at Ross Castle and St Margarets Cathedral. St Margarets is huge, and I was allowed to just wander in. The door seems to be always open. It was very peaceful.

Headed out through Killorglin, Milltown, Castlemaine, Inch and arrived at Dingle. Dingle is very nice. Went to another milltown (which plays havoc with the GPS as after picking the town, you have to pick which county your in, which is not always clear on maps). Had an hour to kill, went to Ventry and saw Dunbeg Fort. Each fort i visit it different, unique in its own way. this one was perched on the edge of a cliff. there were parts of it that had fallen into the ocean, but that didnt stop me wandering arouind. whats the chance of falling overboard?

continued along the endless slea head drive. every sign saying there was still just 9km to go. 35 mins later i got to the end. a lovely statue and views to the islands to the south. stopped long enough for a photo in the 3 car park walled off bit and headed
BunrattyBunrattyBunratty

Banquet
back the 9km (read 32km) on a cliff edge to the town of Dingle. There were bee hive huts there, got a pic from the road, thought best not to disturb them. Drove connor pass, i am loving these passes. Not as good as yesterdays, but equally impressive. Drive up a hilll at great angle til youir lost in the clouds, stop to take photos of the clouds, then down the other side again.

visited towns of Stradbally, Tralee (final night of Rose tralee there tonight) Limerick and onto Bunratty.

Did the Banquet at Bunratty. totally fun and well worth it. It was a medieval evening in full dress (them not me) with a 4 course banquet, singing in a medieval castle restored to original condition.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

KillarneyKillarney
Killarney

St Mary's Cathedral
KillarneyKillarney
Killarney

Ross Castle
IrelandIreland
Ireland

Towns main street
IrelandIreland
Ireland

Connor Pass


Tot: 0.25s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 57; dbt: 0.2223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb