Songs, Suds and Authors


Advertisement
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
April 7th 2014
Published: April 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Ah Dublin….Dublin…..what to say about Dublin? If asked to describe it in one word? Dave says alive Merry Jo says joyful. One may or may not come to Dublin to pub crawl—not that there’s anything wrong with that…….. We have found however to properly immerse yourself into local culture you’ll end up in a few pubs. Our intent was to listen to some good Irish music and indeed that go... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Brutus & Galway HookerBrutus & Galway Hooker
Brutus & Galway Hooker

Sampling at the Church Brewery.
Statue of Phil LynottStatue of Phil Lynott
Statue of Phil Lynott

Famous rocker from Thin Lizzy
Dublin CastleDublin Castle
Dublin Castle

Nice shack
Touring Dublin CastleTouring Dublin Castle
Touring Dublin Castle

Lovely artwork
The Brazen Head PubThe Brazen Head Pub
The Brazen Head Pub

Great story telling and music
View from the Gravity BarView from the Gravity Bar
View from the Gravity Bar

Guinness Storehouse
Last day in DublinLast day in Dublin
Last day in Dublin

Gogarty's Pub
Lively musicLively music
Lively music

Temple Bar District Dublin
The Temple BarThe Temple Bar
The Temple Bar

music, music, music



8th April 2014
Trinity Library

Awww, we miss you guys. This sounds like a very fun trip: "pub, pub, church, pub, pub (there are always two or three pubs outside each church) castle, pub, pub, library, pub, pub, nap. Pub, pub, chocolate shop, pub, pub literary pub crawl, pub, pub, story telling." Great photo btw. Love the idea of a literary pub crawl. ;)
8th April 2014
Trinity Library

Ireland
It was all we wanted it to be and more! Found several Irish beers that I like so all is good. The literary pub crawl and the story telling were a lot of fun.
8th April 2014

Fab holidat!
You lucky ducks to have experienced the book of Kells and Trinity College Library. I love illustrated manuscripts and was dying to see this classic, but there were long lines when I was there in one summer; since I'm allergic to lines, I missed it. How wise to visit in March--your whole holiday sounded like a dream--an anniversary to remember!
8th April 2014

Fab time
Indeed it was a nearly perfect trip. No complaints. I can understand being allergic to long lines. March is really a good time to visit. I'm glad we came when we did. No lines for anything.
8th April 2014

Ireland
What a fantastic journey with lovely photos. Thanks for sharing! Safe travels home. Marsha
8th April 2014

Good hearing from you Marsha
Ireland was great fun. So glad we went to there to celebrate our anniversary.
9th April 2014

An amazing trip...
with enough time to savor the culture and the stout.
9th April 2014

Ireland
Yes we had the time to savor everything. It was a good trip.
9th April 2014
Touring Dublin Castle

About
About the only thing you haven't done in Ireland is have an Aussie BBQ in Waterford. A mate of mine started that so I know its real. Sing-a-longs and selfies you excel...but what about Riverdance? Gotta see you doing that!!!
9th April 2014
Touring Dublin Castle

Riverdance
No we didn't get to the Riverdance and didn't know about the BBQ in Waterford or we might have gone to do that. Next time.
9th April 2014
Gravity Bar

Nice shot with the black stuff :)
The pints look really tasty! :) And is it sun I see? You surely came to Dublin at the right time! Loved your daily itinerary also... Just like you said, it's impossible not to visit a few pubs (per day) while in Dublin. I've lived there for 6 years and was planning to come back there once my Asian adventure finished... Plans had changed though... But it sure feels like home still... Loved the atmosphere and the people... So it makes me really happy you both had good time in Dublin! Looking forward to your next blogs. Regards!
9th April 2014
Gravity Bar

Living in Dublin
It would be great to live in Dublin for 6 years. LOL....yes there was a large golden foreign object in the sky. We enjoy your blogs also and looking forward to reading more.
11th April 2014

The luck of the Irish!
Dublin sounds like an amazing place...loved your daily routines very much! A Guinness lifestyle :)
11th April 2014

Luck of the Irish
Smithwick's ended up being our favorite beer. So many fine choices. Dublin was a lot of fun.
14th April 2014

Pubs and Guinness
Yes you have certainly whet my whisltle. Lv Lynne
14th April 2014

Drink up
We've got some friends in Seattle who went to an Irish Pub to drink Smithwick's after reading one of our blogs. Maybe you need to grab yourself a pint.
19th April 2014

Thanks for the travels through Dublin!
We have wanted to get there but as of yet haven't - will definitely keep it on the list. Isn't it great when you meet local people that "mark up your map" and give you great local knowledge - we so enjoy that & it really does come in handy. Sounds like you definitely picked a great "island" to celebrate your anniversary this year. Good luck in figuring out next year! If you haven't been to the Azores, you might want to check them out!
19th April 2014

Always looking for islands
Bob & Janice, glad you enjoyed the blog. Ireland was a perfect location. We'd love to get to the Azores! We will keep them in mind. Local information is always the key to success.
28th April 2014

Island Celebrations
What an excellent tradition to celebrate your anniversary! The trip sounds excellent. It certainly makes me want to make my way to Dublin for a pint and a story! Wonderful photos and description, as always.
28th April 2014

Anniversaries
Katie, glad you are following along. We had a fantastic time.
29th April 2014
Trinity Library

No J!
They're missing the J row. Do they have no J books?
30th April 2014
Guinness please

Good stuff
Thank you for sharing. Ireland is also on our radar for the future.
30th April 2014
Trinity Library

J is missing
I'll have to look through the other photos and see if I can find it. Odd.
30th April 2014
Guinness please

Ireland
We had a wonderful time in Ireland. Send us a message if you have any specific questions. We'd be happy to help.
30th April 2014

Wait
We loved your blogs from Ireland. This country is also high on our bucket list. But I think we have to wait till Nina can have a beer or two again. The pub tours seem to be too much fun - pub sotry teeling, GREAT! Loved the pics! Thanks for sharing.
30th April 2014

Ireland
Ireland offered more than we expected. It was FUN. I hope Nina will feel better soon and you'll be able to check it out.
7th May 2014

your trip
Must try Ireland sometime - my great grandfather came from Galway so i have no excuse . You must try Wales sometime . Lovely country and some lovely scenery. Jennifer
7th May 2014

Wales
We hope to go to Wales soon. We've always wanted to go.
27th May 2014
The Temple Bar

Nice composition!
Really love this photo
27th May 2014
The Temple Bar

Thank you
The musicians in Ireland were wonderful. This group was really something.
7th September 2014

Dublin is worth to visit again
Reading your blog from Dublin I realise that we missed a few things when we were in Dublin a few years ago. I guess I have to go back there again some day
7th September 2014

Revisit Dublin
Every minute of our month in Ireland was wonderful. I'd love to go back. There is so much to see and to do in Dublin and all the other towns. We loved all the music in pubs.
18th February 2022

Dublin!
Oh wow, we indeed visited similar places, lol! Your month touring Ireland must have been amazing - I'd like to explore much more on my next visit. It seems you visited lots of good old Irish pubs, and met some great people - the craic must have been grand! ?

Tot: 0.59s; Tpl: 0.031s; cc: 63; qc: 171; dbt: 0.3088s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.8mb