Carn Australia!


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
November 6th 2006
Published: November 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So to Dublin and the International Rules Series where of course Australia kicked ass! After the first game of the series in Galway was won by the Irish, I think we were all expecting something a little bit closer but we absolutely dominated in the second half. For those who dont know exactly what International Rules entails, its a mix between gaelic football and afl. It has a net like in soccer and posts like afl. 1 point for a behind like afl, 3 points for over the net but between the middle points and 6 points for a goal. There were about 3 brawls in the first minute which was annoying in a way but entertaining. It was a bit of a shame that it wasnt a closer match as in the second half the stadium was very quiet and most of the irish left at 3 quarter time. Still had a blast tho.
Didnt see too much of Dublin, did a bit of shopping but mostly just sat in the pubs and had pints of Guinness. Never had Guiness before but I actually quite liked it. Apparently its rubbish everywhere else except Ireland.... So arrived Friday night, caught up with my flatmate Chris and some of his mates Saturday night and had a big one, went to the game on Sunday then flew home. Needless to say i am absolutely shattered today but it was worth it! Next I think Davina and I are going to do a few weekend road trips so i can see a bit of England and then im off to La Plagne in the French Alps for a week of skiing over christmas. Will be very sad not to be at home for christmas, but at least il be guaranteed a white one!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.236s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb