Schlossgarten Charlottenburg


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
June 19th 2014
Published: June 19th 2014
Edit Blog Post


Instead of visiting the popular historical sites that Berlin has to offer, I decided to walk around the city and see what I could find. Ultimately I ended up in Charlottenburg in one of the most beautiful gardens I have ever seen, it is called Schlossgarten Charlottenburg, with its nicely decorated trees and greenery made it a very peaceful and scenic walk. It had an amazing landscape; little streams of water covered with green algae made it seem as if it was a never ending green road. Parks in the U.S are nothing compared to these.. In the U.S almost every park has a baseball field and a jungle gym for kids to play, where as here in Germany, parks are often referred to as Gartens and they have a more "nature-like" feeling. Also, people lay on the grass and read a book while getting tans, while in the U.S that is something that you normally will not see. As usual, there is people jogging, exercising, or simply walking around. I was accompanied by friends whom are in the same hostel as me, after taking a stroll through Schlossgarten we decided to buy some food since the walk from Zoologischer Garten to Charlottenburg was quite exhausting.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.03s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0274s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb