Back in Berlin - I/2014, day five


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
January 6th 2014
Published: January 29th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Berlin 2014Berlin 2014Berlin 2014

East Side Gallery
Our last day – we wanted to make as much of it as we could, our train was not due before 18 or so. We started with the East Side Gallery – I was glad I’ve seen it already before, all murals were in much worse condition than before, covered with some crappy tags, such a waste.

We found remains of the Jewish Cemetery at Grosse Hamburger Strasse – we walked past it a few times and missed it – not surprising as there is almost nothing left of it. We also got back to the Topography of Terror to see the second part of the exhibition – also the outdoor bit, as it wasn’t dark yet. As the last thing we walked past the Berliner Dom and the Museum Island.

We ended up our trip in the fast food place on Oranienburger Strasse – hey, we can start a healthy way of living after we go back, right? Then there was just a question of getting our bags back and going to the station. Mere 5 hours after that we were back in Warsaw – the trip was over.

****

As usual I’ve enjoyed myself –
Berlin 2014Berlin 2014Berlin 2014

Jewish Cemetery @ Grosse Hamburger Strasse
both just walking around aimlessly, as well as following the plan. I’ve enjoyed bars we went to, even if it meant nursing N. through his hangover the day after. Food was nice too – I was surprised by the available non-meat options (apart from the Christmas Markets obviously). It was great and I wish I was back there already…

So – what was left to see? Apart from the missed Reichstag visit we also didn’t go to the DDR Museum (Karl-Leibknecht-Strasse 1). A visit to Victoriapark and former Tempelhof airport was postponed to a bit warmer time of the year.



Because for sure I’m coming back there someday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1.1mb