Back in Berlin - I/2014, day four


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
January 5th 2014
Published: January 29th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Berlin 2014Berlin 2014Berlin 2014

Mauer Park
OK, there we go again. As you can imagine, we didn't get up in the morning to go to the Reichstag Building (for those who want to visit: reserve a free visit for a specific time through the official site and DON'T get drunk the night before), in fact we didn't get up in the morning at all. We barely had any day time to get to the Mauer Park (and the flea market there – plenty of people) together with the Berlin Wall Memorial on Bernauer Strasse. I can't say I "like" this exhibition - there is nothing to like, every time I see it I find it almost impossible to believe that all this happened – all this is just unbelievable, and yet so real. That’s why I always found this memorial better than the Checkpoint Charlie one. There is a part of the Wall left – as it was, it’s possible to see it from the viewing platform.

To finish up the day on the up note we went to the Potsdamer Platz again to see the Topography of Terror museum. It’s free and worth seeing – it’s situated in the former Gestapo HQ and tells the story of the reign of terror in Germany and occupied lands.

It was a short, but demanding day – we came back very early and just rested to gain some strength for the last day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Berlin 2014Berlin 2014
Berlin 2014

Bernauer Strasse


Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0237s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb