Berlin wall


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
July 14th 2006
Published: July 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Saturday. Second day in Berlin. Arrive yesterday. Taking an all day tour today for 10 euros. Leaving from the hostel at 1015 AM and we saw the new synagogue in a moorish-byzantine style which originally when it was built in the late 1836 was the largest synagogue in Germany. Berlin Wall was built in 1961 divided the east and west germany. Checkpoint Charlie was where people from the east can cross and seek refugee status when the city was undersiege by the soviet then. Visited the Memorial to the Murdered European Jews - a vast grid of concrete blocks of various hight ...resemble an abstract field of wheat in the wind.

Last night went out to eat with a few people from the hostel, we stumble at a thai-vietnamese restaurant. I was able to order and ask for recommendation in vietnamese. It was a great meal. The pad thai was tasty as well. I had a local german beer on tap which is very fresh and good.

The next day I went to a german restaurant near the Alexanderplatz and had triple types of German sausages in tasty sauerkraut with potatoes salad and a local beer-on-tap of course. The waiters dont speak much english but I was able to order from the english menu.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb