Germany


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
October 6th 2010
Published: October 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Berliner Dome Park 6 secs

Oktoberfest & Berlin



This entry covers from September 27th to October 6th. In this time we went to Munich for the Oktoberfest Celebrations and then to Berlin.

Oktoberfest in Munich is a must do. Most of the action was at the fairgrounds where each of the major German Breweries had their own tent which held anywhere from 5000 to 6000 people. The doors to each tent opend at around 9 am and the tent would fill up by 11 am. The only drink available was beer in a 1 litre stein. Most people dressed up in the traditional Laederhosen. Our hostel was a giant tent about a 15 minute tram ride and a 15 minute walk to the fairgrounds.

Also while in Munich, we went out of the city to the Concentration Camp of Dachau. Although a depressing experience, it was very interesting to see how these things actually operated. Most of the site is a replicate, except for the Krematorium and the Gas Chamber, as the buildings were demolished after the war ceased.

On Saturday we took the train to Berlin. Most of Berlin was levelled during WWII, however the city has done a good job to restore its history to its original state. Most of these buildings are east of the Brandenburg Gate in a place called Unter de Linden. These sights include the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe, the French and German Dome Church's, Berliner Dom and the TV Tower. There are also three places in Berlin where they have made great efforts to preserve parts of the Berlin Wall.

The next stop in Germany is on our loast day here tomorow, and we will be going outside Berlin to a town called Potsdam. Potsdam is where the German Kaizers would have lived. After this the next stop is Prague...

Stay Tuned

I have also uploaded a video.




Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

DachauDachau
Dachau

Roll Call Area. Every morning the prisoners had to do roll call.
Standing on Hitlers BunkerStanding on Hitlers Bunker
Standing on Hitlers Bunker

The same bunker where he comitted suicide


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0274s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb