Prague, Paris, Nice & Venice


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
October 25th 2010
Published: October 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Prague, Paris, Nice & Venice



The last place which was blogged about was Berlin. After Berlin we took the train to Prague in the Czech Republic. The thing we mostly had to come accustomed was the Czech currency, the Kroun. One Euro (1.40 CAD) was worth about 25 Czech Krona.
Prague has a history which has been untouched by both World Wars. It is also hid within hills which creates some very nice views. The most interesting part of the city is the King Charles IV Bridge which crosses the Vltava River. While there we also tried to go to a EuroCup qualifying game between the Czech Republic and Scotland, but the game ended up being sold out.
The next city was Paris. There was no direct train which we could take from Prague to Paris so there were two connections, one in Dresden and the other in Frankfurt. Travel was also a little hampered by train delays and cancellations caused by the strike in France over the retirement age. Paris, being one of Europe’s most visited cities has much to see. The Louvre took all day to complete, and contrary to popular belief it is actually a Starbucks under the inverted Pyramid. Nevertheless, the Louvre had much to see. Other notable sights were the Arc de Triomphe, The Obelisk and the Eiffel Tower.
We had to stay in Paris one extra night because the train which was supposed to leave from Paris to Nice was cancelled due to the strike. The next day, however, we arrived in Nice which is on the Cote d’Azur along the Mediterranean Sea in the South of France. The weather there was a nice 20 degrees and perfectly sunny. There was not much to see in Nice except the city’s scenery itself. One day was spent wandering around the city, one on the beach and the last day was spent touring around Monaco and visiting the Monte Carlo Casino.
The last stop on this blog is in Venice. For some unexplainable reason we forgot to book a hostel or even look up where one was, so the first hour had us navigating the impossible side streets and canals for which Venice is known for. We found a hostel for one night and the next day was spent walking about the city just looking around. The advice from an Italian who lived just outside Venice was that there was nothing important to see but the city itself. About 15 hours was spent in Venice, and the next stop is Florence.
Stay tuned....



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Cote d'AzureCote d'Azure
Cote d'Azure

Off the coast of Nice


Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0263s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb