Berlin!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
July 29th 2008
Published: July 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

so we arrived in steamy berlin last friday. we arrived and then went and got a kabab lunch and then i came back to the hostel and collapsed for two hours as i was sick with a cough. i met tat in a nearby park and we sat and read and then headed towards the birkenstock store which did not have my size!! we made dinner and then we met this guy called tim. i went with tim and tat for a drink and then came back home because i was still feeing pretty bad. tat came back pretty late but we got up early on sat morning becuase we were going on the free berlin tour! the tour went from about 11 to 3 and we toured the entire city with our guide emma. she was really great and we learnt a huge amount about the city. then we walked and went to the film museum and then teh jewish museum under the memorial. both of them were quite amazing, esp teh jewish one. that night we went out again with tim. we took the train to alexanderplatz and went to try a club called weekend but it was too early and instead we went for a drink. i got a berliner wiesse which is the local drink here. its beer and a raspberry syrup, although a little fizzy it was pretty tasty. we then took another train and stood in line for 45 min to get into this club called panorama bar but when we got to the front of the line the bouncer just said no! it was so odd and we didnt understand at all as he rejected these otehr three people behind us too heh we then walked to this other club and at the front they asked for id and i said i had to leave my passport in the hostel and he asked how old i was and i said 18 and he said i needed an id. tat tried to show me how to get back but the bouncer said he would and then asked how old i was and i said 18. he asked me my birthday and i started to say august and then looked at him and said july 2nd and he gave me a look asking for more and i said 1990 and he was basically like you dont seem to know your birthday how do i know you're 18...and i said it was late but he sent me on my way so i went to bed.

on sunday we went to do the musuems and did the natoinal art gallery and then the museum about babylon. i was really hot though and so we walked through a market and then got lunch and our books and went and sat in the park and read and napped. that night we went to the rieshstag and walked up the dome andt hen went to a german restaurant for dinner. we wandered around a bit and then ewnt to bed.

monday we took the train to potsdam and rented bikes and rode around. we got back and i made a very yummy dinner of pasta, egg, tomato sauce. then we talked with a bunch of people in teh hostel about traveling and one guy had even been to greenwich twice!! it was a very odd coincidence. then tat and i went out with this guy clay to some eastern european live folk music. it was great. we got back at around 2 30.

today tuesday we took a tour of a concentration camp just otuside of berlin. it was a very intense experience and rahter grueling but we both tought it was very worth it. some of the stories were really terrible though and we were both annoyed by people who were taking tons of photos. we somehow didnt think that was really appropriate.

tomorrow we're off to Amsterdam!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb