kinda late?


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
August 11th 2008
Published: August 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

so we went to amsterdam which was great!! we went on the walking tour, went to a dance night where a live trumpet player solo-ed along with a dj. we also ate at a great veggie restaurent. we had a nasty run in a with a rather grumpy waiter. we saw down and on the menu it said these mini dutch pancakes were 5 euros and we were kinda questioning it anyways and so we ordered them and she said ok 5.50 and we said oh hm i don't htink we'll stay then. and then she got all mad and said we couldn't just leave we had to pay for the food because she'd sent the order to teh kitchen already and we had to take it. we were rather put off by that.

the night before we left for london we went dancing until the early morning and then got back to the room to find these two australian girls had brought guys back to sleep with them? it was rather odd yet amusing. they woke everone up at about 7 am to pack adn leave so we got to hear all of that and their story of their night.

in london we've been very busy and having lots of fun! we went on teh free walking tour here, in the rain!! very very appropriate. we went to the war cabinet museum, which are the war bunkers from wwii whcih were very impressive. we've been to the theatre twice!! the first play we saw was pygmalian the theatre version of my fair lady and we went and had a double night. the first play being by pinter and the second about a lady who takes off for two days without telling anyone. both were quite emotionally tolling. we've also had dinner with the presitigous mary fedden, an artist who lives down teh road from my grandparents. we also had a bbq dinner at the wetlands center in london which was rather intriguging.

we went to wales on saturday and stopped off in bath where we went to the roman baths and tried the water which was warm and rather minerally. we also had tea in the jane austen center which was very exciting. they had mr. darcy cakes! that night we had dinner with two friends of our grandparents which was great. the husband had been in margaret thatchers cabinet!!! in wales on sunday it was riany all day but tat and i braved it and went for a walk anyways. we had a little bbq in the barn where we booked sausages and fried cheese which was very tasty. that afternoon we went to teh brecon jazz festival where we saw a combined jazz and gospel show which was fantastic!!!

we're now back in london and going to see the dark night tonight, and then tomorrow seeing our friend sally baines and my old freind luke!

nearly home again!













Advertisement



Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0725s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb