put your shoes back on love...


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
June 16th 2007
Published: June 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

ok, advice first and foremost. if you are ever going to get a night train, make sure you reserve a seat. and, more importantly, make sure you reserve a bed. we didnt do either of these, and instead found ourselves walking up and down the train for an hour just trying to find somewhere to sit. eventually found somewhere, and sat. it's pretty damn hard to sleep in those chairs i tell you. so we spent 8hours in a carriage on a train, just sitting and trying to sleep. i managed to get a couple of hours, but this was only by lying on the floor of the train, half underneath the seating. it was bizarrely comfy, but this was probably only because the chairs where so terrifyingly uncomfortable. we survived though, somehow. OH!, before all this, we had some fun time at brussels train station, which is far too large for a train station. its bloody huge. there is a giant zebra at a table, which i found hilarious. there is also a 24hour vending machine supermarket, which has to be seen to be believed. it really is something to behold. it was here that we met a lovely australian girl, who bought the last packet of damn cookies from the supermarket. but yes, she had been travelling for about 8months, bloody mad. she pre-warned us of the horrors of sitting on a seat on the night train, why didnt we listen, why?!!!!. gah.

in berlin now, the hostel looks pretty top notch in all honesty. havent moved into our room yet, but it's got a mass of facilities, so it all looks fine i'd say. the chaps are playing pool, im doing this, going to get some sleep once the room is open, and then some grub. i miss belgium already though. there was something about it, i just felt entirely at home there. i was happier than i have been for a long time id say. berlin seems huge as well, am a little worried about that. also worried about money, as i have no idea how much i have spent already. no point worrying john, just enjoy it dammit! a nice girl called julia just randomly started talking to me in here, she seemed nice. gone into the night now of course, but yes, you meet people, which is great. on the ypres train the other day, i saw a guy with a my chemical romance sticker, so i proceeded to write him a little letter telling him about some other bands he might like. now in email contact with him. good stuff, its a chance to just randomly meet people i say. brilliant.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb