a day of pretty much arse all.


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » West Flanders » Oostende
June 15th 2007
Published: June 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

lots of trains today, and i mean lots. checked out of the snuffel (sob) at 10am, after a brilliant few days there. if anybody is staying in brugges anytime soon, i really cannot recommend it enough, its a brilliant place. the staff are all brilliant, even if i did manage to kinda insult one of them. a girl from yorkshire strangley enough, complimented me on my orange exploding dog shirt, and then said 'this is where you say nice shirt to me', to which i replied, for some stupid reason, 'yeah, but...'. good work bills, good work. but yes, the staff are all brilliant, the hostel itself is great, even if the showers are a bit mad. you have to hold down a chain for the water to flow. its a bit mad in all honesty. but yes, brugge is amaying, and i totally love it. we checked out, and then went in search of breakfast. one hot dog later, and we were on a train to gent. got there, and got on a tram, and generally hoped for the best. a nice guy with long hair who didnt like george bush and looked just like steven seagal helped us find the centre. nice guy, he loves munchen. got to the centre, and we were still a bit lost. we were all hungry, and i needed a wee, so we abandoned the walking plan and instead got a subway. cant beat recognisable food now and then. then sat by a fountain for a bit, which was lovely, except for the occasional gusts of wind that would blow water into our general direction. hilarious enough, but could have done without it. gent seemed lovely though, in typical belgium style. we then decided to get our arses on a train to oostende. let me tell you now, oostende is the end of belgium. there is no place to go after oostende. we bought ourselves a football and went to the beach, to find that oostende beach is basically a sewer. not cool. instead, we went to the park to showcase our talents with the ball, and got a bit sweatier than we wanted. then, it proceeded to piss its arse on us. gah! back in brugges now, waiting for the brussels night train. fingers crossed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0575s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb