alligators vs. water rats.


Advertisement
Published: June 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

belgium is bloody superb. got here about 1ish yesterday, found our way to the fantastically named snuffel backpacker hostel, checked in and then almost came at the price of beer. €1.50 for a beer. thats a pound a beer. madness! blimey. anyway, it was el scorcho again yesterday, so we walked about for a bit before coming back and joining the snuffel brugges walkabout tour, which was taken by a very attractive girl called melissa. melissa proceeded to walk us around the sights of brugge, whilst telling us facts about each thing. of course, all of these facts were complete rubbish. one such white lie, was that water rats were killing baby swans, so the government put an alligator into the canal to kill the water rats. bollocks! still, good tour, good fun. brugges is a brilliant place. got back to the hostel and and then took advantage of the happy hour. many drinks later, gaz knocks his drink over me. a bloody good night!

me and gaz went to ypres, and it bloody rained. so myself and the funkel were officially soaked. went to a damn good museum, world war 1, extremely well done. ypres is a lovely litle town as well, its quiet and not as tourist packed as i think i expected. decided im going to go to gent tomorrow, just to see whats about really. am enjoying just going to little towns and what seeing whats about. belgium is a really lovely country, quite taken by it. i can imagine living here.

i am officially in love with belgium. it's freaking gorgeous! feel very much at home. went for a meal tonight, we all had spag bol. maurice, funkel and dizzee smizzle all ordered beers. large ones. they were huge! they were very impressed, and i felt extremely silly with my tiny coke. this was 3 people drinking a litre of beer, and me drinking 0.2cl of coke. but then, the joy was killed when the bill arrived. €14 euros a beer! hah! thank chump i had a coke! good god. checking out tomorrow at 10, then a day in belgium waiting for our first night train. going to go to gent, and possiblz oostend as well. the night train should be interesting.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0594s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb