Woo Hoo! I get to see Nina!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
October 9th 2006
Published: November 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After the night of the long pasta wait it was vegemite and cheese sandwiches for breakfast, what a great way to start the day, thanks again for the kilo jar Tash. Anyway, things have been cracking along on the trip. I caught up with Nina in Berlin, I can't remember if I said that already, all the booze and continuous flights are starting to get to my memory. So while we were there we went on the free New Berlin tour where we walked around for three and a half hours checking out all the sites and learning a little history behind them all too which is always good. If anyone goes to Berlin definitely go on the tour cos it's awesome and kind of free, you give the guide a tip at the end as to how much you think it was worth.

Later on we caught up with Bruce and Chris back at the hostel and headed out for a bite (and a few bevies of course). So we found this nice little Italian place and it was time for pasta again, though it didn't take three ours to cook this time. After dinner we decided to take a night walk over to the Brandenburger Tor to see how it looked at night and it was pretty cool to see it all lit up. We then headed over to the Holocaust memorial which was actually kind of freaky at night. There weren't many lights so it was rather dark and at around midnight there wasn't a whole lot of noise either, we even saw a fox stroll through on a mission for something.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0639s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb