Munich


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
September 24th 2013
Published: September 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Munich here we are!!

After a 3.5 hour drive, we have arrived in Munich from Prague. We were pretty tired after the drive, so we decided to have a quite one, which consisted of, finding a beer garden across the road and having a beer and dinner!! Bit of a language barrier, but finding that 'beer' is pretty universal.

Today is Tuesday, which means family day at Oktoberfest. Wow, it is like the Melbourne Show on steroids. Rides that must take days to setup, to beer halls, that take weeks. We walked around before finally settling on the Hofbräu Festzelt tent to go into. Thankfully, it wasn't too busy, so we were able to grab a seat straight away. The cheering/egging on people to swig their stein of beer started pretty quickly. Most were successful in drinking the whole thing, and for the one girl who did it, she received a quick proposal of marriage!!

It is unbelieveable atmosphere, where everyone is friendly and all just wanting to have a drink with one another. We ordered lunch, which was an adventure in itself. Amanda getting spare rips in bbq sauce.. way too much to eat, and Andrew getting Pork Knuckle - which was beautiful. Towards the end of our stay, we had a group of Candian guys sit with us, who I think had visited Oktoberfest the day before, as they looked a little worse for wear. It was a blessing in disguise that they sat with us, as we were able to snare/take/steal the Stein that Andrew had drunk out of - thanks to Louise for that tip. Another thing to get home!!

We have minimal internet at the moment, so not sure when our next update will be.

It appears that a football team have just turned up at our hotel, lots of people taking photos of them. Must go now, try to work out who those hunky looking young guys are.. A&A.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 15; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0301s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb