Leaving Germany :(


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Salzburg
September 27th 2013
Published: September 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Hi Guys

Finally have internet again. It is amazing how lost you feel without it! Especially, when you are trying to plan your holiday only a few days in advance!

We returned to the Oktoberfest grounds on Wednesday morning (had to try beer from another beer tent). We arrived around 12 and the tent we were in was quiet. We had a table to ourselves for a while and then had an American Couple and their parents sit with us. Lunch today was half a chicken and chips, another stein (litre of beer) for Andrew and an interesting chat with the couples next to us. The husband was in the military and posted to Italy. They gave us advice on where to go in and around Italy, which was really appreciated.

After the beer was finished, we decided to explore Munich a little further than the Oktoberfest grounds. We headed into the centre of town and found a Hop On Hop Off Tour Bus, which takes you around to the major sites in Munich. It was a nice relaxing way to explore, as we have found and were told, you walk everywhere here!

Amazing History here, it is very strange to hear things being around since the 12/14th Century, we have nothing at home like this. The Gates to the city are huge and you wonder how did they build these things back then? The Palace in Munich is huge. We decided to take the bus all the way around today and then return the next day to visit the stops.

What happened the next day...of course it poured down!! We still went on the bus and tried to get some photos, but it was a lot different to the 22 degree day before. It was still enjoyable though. We then returned back to the hotel, had an early dinner and packed our bags ready for our next adventure. We enjoyed Munich, loved Oktoberfest and have thoroughly enjoyed Germany on the whole. It would be great to come back again, especially to Oktoberfest with you guys!!! The groups were having a ball!

We bid a farewell to Germany today and have headed into Austria, staying in Salzburg. Salzburg is where they filmed the Sound of Music. They have a special Sound of Music Tour you can do, but I didn't get much interest from Andrew in that. So, we decided to explore the town centre today. It was a little overcast, but there was no rain when we left the Hotel. But boy, did the rain come while we were out!

It made it a little harder to take piccies etc, but it was still really nice to walk around the laneways. Lots of shops, Zara, Prada etc, just like home. But there was this little Shop, called a Salzburg Christmas Shop.. simply couldn't walk past without a look in. It was stunning. Over here, it is popular to paint patterns on eggs and hang them on your Christmas Tree. The store had thousands and they were amazing. I really wanted to buy some to bring home (and so did Andrew), but voice of reason (Andrew) convinced me otherwise. They were very fragile and unfortunately most likely wouldn't make it home without breaking. Considering they were around $8 Euros each ($15 Aus Dollars), we didn't want to take the chance. Sad though.. something very different.

After this, the rain started getting heavier, so decided to return to the Hotel. We had a few drinks, played some cards (Andrew won) and then went to dinner.

Tomorrow, the weather is supposed to be 22 degrees and minimal rain, so we will head out to take some more photos.

Oh, and food update.. wow, are the schnitzels and pizzas awesome here. Ruined what we get at home now!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.256s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb