Prague


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague » Old Town
September 24th 2013
Published: September 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

From Seiffen, 5 minutes down the road and the signage changes, the road condition changes, oh dear, we have entered the Czech Republic..from now on everything has changed, the scenery, the cars, the signs, everything. We twisted and turned for an hour through back roads to find our way back to the motorway. Once in Prague, it was amazing. This place has some history, the buildings are incredible, we got to our accomodation, we were greeted by the owner who had a car park out the front ready for us. It was a B&B but had about 6 rooms, stunning place & great hosts. There was a street market (once a year thing) in the street over so once settled we wandered down to check it out. Food, beer, wine, food, beer, it had it all. We had a Kransky in bread and a beer for dinner, what better way to start in the Czech Republic!

Sunday, we caught a tram into the old town centre, and found millions of people were there too. Ahh, Red Bull had a bird man thing on, right on the river next to the centre of the city, great, the accounts for there being sooooo many people here. We jumped on a 2 1/2 hour tour bus and went up to the Prague castle, wow, amazing, then continued going around the city, new & old. We then had a large lump of Ham for lunch (it's what they do here) and walked down to a shopping area as directed by the B&B owner. The glassware is fantastic here, but a little too fragile for transit in our luggage.

We looked around a little more and then decided to go back to our accomodation. We had dinner at an Italian Restaurant.. the lasagna was amazing and Andrew's steak was yum. We went to the pub for half a litre of beer each and then went home. Prague and Germans certainly like their beer.

The next day we went to a manufacturer who makes Marionette Dollls, as we had not found one we liked at the souvenier shops. We found one here, that we liked, so something else to get home 😊.

Then it was on to Munich.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.268s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb