The Last of Europe!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
October 5th 2008
Published: December 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

OktoberfestOktoberfestOktoberfest

I never got to eat this cookie.
Well we now had a few more days in Munich, which meant another night at Oktoberfest! Sunday was the last day of Oktoberfest, so i felt obliged to dress up for the occasion. Nicky could only join us for half the day so it meant that there was a spare Lederhosen lying around with my name on it! That day i bought a hat and shirt to top off the outfit, and Kell borrowed one of Susan's traditional jackets!

Nicky had some connections and got us a free lunch at a reserved table, then we hit the rides to see how sick we could make ourselves before drinking. When Nicky left, Kell and I were left to find a table on our own which is a lot harder then you'd think. After a good half an hour we found a spot on a table full of crazy Italians. Being sober in the tents is almost as fun as being drunk. We watched this slaughtered pom getting drunker and drunker and eventually falling over his table and being dragged out by security! Hilarious. Then, on one of my many trips to the bathroom, I bumped into none other, than Oktoberfest Veteran, Glen Waterhouse! It took him a while to recognise me, being in Lederhosen and all, plus for some reason i had shaved my head the day before, but we had a laugh and continued on our merry ways. The night carried on and sooner or later we were back in Eching fast asleep.

Our last day trip was to Neuschwanstein Castle. Neuschwanstein Castle is a 19th-century Bavarian palace on a rugged hill near Hohenschwangau and Füssen in southwest Bavaria, Germany. The palace was commissioned by Ludwig II of Bavaria as a retreat and as an homage to Richard Wagner, the King's inspiring muse. Although public photography of the interior is not permitted, it is the most photographed building in Germany and is one of the country's most popular tourist destinations. The first snow of the season started to fall on the surrounding hilltops as we were inside the Castle. On our way home we got some great photos, along with the Japanese tourists, of the Castle with the beautiful backdrop.

Our last mission in Bavaria was to send home a box full of jackets and jumpers and other items that we had acquired along the way! 20 kilo's in all. Meaning each of us must have been lugging around 30 odd kilo's around Europe. Then before we knew it we were at the airport thanking Susan for everything and on our way to Asia!


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Drunk GuyDrunk Guy
Drunk Guy

This guy got dragged out.
Crazy ItalianoCrazy Italiano
Crazy Italiano

This guy was funny as!


Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0307s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb