Munich, the city Big beer


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
July 9th 2008
Published: September 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Us in the beer hallUs in the beer hallUs in the beer hall

This was located across the road from the hostel. It was so good.
Greetings from Germany Everyone. This is our last blog from Europe and we hope you all enjoy it.

After finding our hostel which was surprisingly good, we headed into town to explore, the only problem with that was that we got rained out. Stephen thought it was a good idea for him to take his jacket, but not the hood and in fact no it wasn’t. So much so the hood hasn’t come off again. We decided to head out for dinner, luckily for us it was across the road to the Augustine Braushaus where we both downed a LITRE of beer. The glasses were massive and so heavy. We had decided it was a bit touristy for us, so we headed to another one just a few minutes away and it was tipsy mcstaggers distance. Even though the weather was bad and it was a Monday, the beer garden was packed.

Our second day in Munich was dedicated to sightseeing and shopping. And we did alot of the both, and since we were flying tomorrow to England, space could be a small issue. Unfortunately within the morning of our sightseeing Munich effort we discovered there isn’t much to see. We had a look at the Palace of King Ludwig, but it was under restoration and having been at Füssen yesterday we decided to pass on it. We went to our few churches but nothing that impressive compared to what we had seen in the previous days. We then went on a search to find me the perfect beer stein. Stephen had brought one on his first trip to Germany and I wanted one, we also managed to buy a few souvenirs for others.

That was our last day on the back packing trail for a little while. Tomorrow we head to England to stop, regroup, earn some money and experience life in London. We are both excited about what lays ahead but also a little sad, because it feels like our trip is over. We know that the true adventure has only just began, to live successfully and happily in a foreign city half way across the world, away from family and friends. Just the two of us taking on the world continent by continent. The saving grace for us is we have Kirrilee, Chris, Sophie and Jayden to help us along our journey. I am very
Two hands neededTwo hands neededTwo hands needed

The beer was so big and heavy but good.
excited about seeing them all, since the last time I saw Kirri was my wedding night at the farewell circle.

We also want to thank you all for sharing our journey so far for the last four months. It was been fanastic knowing that you all back home are following our progress through our blog. We promise they will continue while were in England, just not so frequently and we have some great ‘arty’ photos we want to share with you.

Love to you,
Michelle and Stephen.
xoxo



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Stephen a one handed job.Stephen a one handed job.
Stephen a one handed job.

My strong husband can drink his with one hand.
All DoneAll Done
All Done

A litre.


Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb