the legend of munich


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
May 30th 2008
Published: May 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I can not believe that yesterday I found myself face to face with what the locals call the the legend of munich. It all began as quite a normal day, the sun was out casting an even hue of muggy light rays down onto hundreds of peaceful happy germans. yaz di geermans. quite nice people in general, despite all the history of violence. We decided to do a bike tour, mike's bike tour to be exact, and I highly recco this type of tour. It's a good oppertujnity to see the city, learn about what the buildings represent and the stories and history behind it all. Steve O. our tour guide from Ireland was a fun person to hang with, these guys and gals in gereral are probably a fun bunch to hang out with. We started the day with about 2 or so hours of general sight seeing, followed by what may be the best and most beautiful man made canal do divert glacial runoff from the Ezil river, the ice river- the girls and some thin skinned sissies made quite a fuss over the temperature but it wasn't anything that any true coloradoan hasn't experienced before. Our tour continued to the chinese tower beer garden, and where it may be over priced for the beer and food there it is a fun experience. Sounds like a risky operation. get your clients drunk and send them off through the city on bikes. however there was a bit of testosterone and a general light attitude after the gardens. Which brings us to the point where we go back through this massive park full of totally nude sun tanning junk swinging germans. Legend has it that there is a man walking through this park every day who is commonly mistaken as the three legged monster. Truth is I didn't actually see this guy and quite frankly if I had I'd be biking the opposite direction. Micah and I meet up two days ago and have been really enjoying Munich, what was really shocking is the limited diversity in beer selection. All the beer gardens that we've gone to sell 4 different types, a wheat, a standard that tastes more like miller lite a duopple or dark and one with lemonade mixed into it. The more I travel the more I look forward to Belgium. As I become more accustomed to this site I'll post some pretty great pictures.

Advertisement



30th May 2008

das es goot
You'd better watch out for that 3-legged one; he wears crotchless lederhosen and jumps out of bushes to tackle drunk bicylclists!

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0759s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb