in pursuit of fruit...


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
June 26th 2007
Published: June 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

awww, what a bloody brilliant evening i had. from the top!

got back to the ol' hostel last evening after my net time, and decided that because i hadnt eaten much fruit on this trip, i could really do with getting some. so off i went again, on my todd, to get some fruit of some sort. i had remembered some markets that i had passed earlier, so decided to venture back towards them. as soon as i stepped outside though, a strange feeling was in the air. you know, that feeling of 'hmm, its warm out here, but decidedly overcast. i really hope it doesnt rain, whilst im out here in a white t-shirt and 3 quarter trousers'. you can see where this is going.

the markets are a good 15minute walk from the hostel, right through the central shopping area in munich which, as per usual it seems, was chock full of people. i walked on towards the markets, having previously decided on getting some grapes as my fruity income. after the 15 minutes of walking were up, i reached the markets, and dag nabbit, they were closing up. very frustrating! those grapes looked superb! undeterred, and still dry, i decided to continue looking around for some fruity goodness. walking around the centre, it would seem that after 8 o'clock, fruit is hard to come by in munich. but hey, it was still warm, so why not continue walking, who knows, anything could happen. well, rain happened.

it absolutely chocco bocco pelted down. raining pouring indeed. once again, we're talking jurassic park rain. and everyone, and i am not exaggerating there, every single person besides myself and about 3 others, sprinted to a shop for cover. it was like being at a fall out boy gig where isis are supporting. it was a pretty gorgeous moment though, as i was walking and the rain got super heavy, the end of armor for sleep's 'the end of a fraud' kicked in, and it was the perfect musical accompanyment i would say. the sort of thing that makes things wonderful i suppose, where rain is actually a pretty great thing. so yes, that was pretty beautiful. and then the best bit came.

i was still pretty thirsty for some fruity goodness you see. and i was also in a fantastically good mood. so i figured i'd ask someone if they knew anywhere i could buy grapes. just so happens that the next person that walks past is visciously attractive. in a jessica edwards sort of way. the conversation goes like this.

me - excuse me, do you speak any english?
girl - yes, a little bit.
me - brilliant! this might sound a bit stupid considering the rain, but do you know anywhere i could buy some grapes? i guess it doesnt matter that much now, but still, i'd love some grapes.
girl - *absolutely spiffingly gorgeous giggleage*
me - ok, its actually pretty stupid. thank you! run off and get dry!
girl - *laughing*, ok! bye!

it was bloody brilliant. smooth bills, smooth.

anyway, i didnt get any grapes, i went back to the hostel, completely drenched. my tummy was clearly visible through my shirt, and i was squelching. got in the room, got changed, and decided that when it stopped drowning munich, we would go out and have a munich beer. so we did! good times!

woke up early this morning, had a shower, some breakfast (cornflakes and apple juice. how old skool of me), and then went off for a walk. at 8.39am this morning, munich time, i bought my grapes.

Advertisement



26th June 2007

thinking of you
Will be thinking of you on Beth's birthday. Be strong, hope you get to the lake lots love mum xxxxxX

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb