United Polaris to Europe


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
May 7th 2023
Published: May 7th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Polaris is not quite Singapore Airlines, but it is getting better.

Flying in business class is about to get a little sweeter on United Airlines. The carrier just announced its popular ice cream sundae cart would be returning to its Polaris cabin after being suspended since the beginning of the pandemic in 2020.

In the world of airline cuisine, United's build-your-own sundae cart is as iconic as stroopwaffles and Biscoff cookies and is a favorite perk among the airline's Polaris passengers. Flight attendants roll the beloved ice cream cart through the business-class cabin at the end of the three-course meal service to offer each flier the fun dessert with wow-factor. Passengers can customize their bowl of vanilla ice cream with a variety of toppings including hot fudge, whipped cream, M&Ms, and a cherry to top it all off.

I remember flying back in the early 80s. The ice cream sundae was a big hit, even in Coach! United also had a buffet, as well as a "make your own sundae" on board!!! Though it was mostly "make your own sandwich", it was very good. And with many salad choices!

In fact, that is when I graduated from the Samurai School of Discount Travel. I signed up for United Mileage Plus at the suggestion of my grad school classmate, the former Surgeon General. Over the years, I was able to take great advantage of his wisdom and experience. If I told you some of the freebies and stories, you would not believe them.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb