Germany and Beyond: Paris, Je t'aime!


Advertisement
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
November 26th 2013
Published: January 3rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Berlin - Bavaria - Paris - Bastogne - Christmas Markets -- our German vacation was so full of spectacular sites, that I just would not be able to fit it all in one blog! Therefore, I will write this in sections, with each major segment of our trip having it's own post. This is segment 3: Paris! We have been planning this vacation for years! Well, sort of. My friend and old co-worker, Lisa, is ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 220, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Orange juice machine!Orange juice machine!
Orange juice machine!

Why do I not have one of these at home....or anywehre I can use it!?? This is the epitome of fresh juice! They have them all over....one in the Starbucks...this one was in a snack shop at Disney Paris. The oranges fall down through the top as the orange gears inside turn. They are formed like ball-socket, so once an orange gets in-between there, it does not stand a chance and is squeezed until dead! The remains are discarded in a tub below and the juice is channeled to the spigot. The bottles on the side are for DIY...small or large. Its auto too. You just pull on the spigot and it will start turning and pulling oranges to fit the need! Genius! It was the best juice ever! I want one so bad! Or just to have one at the gas station would be amazing!!!
Disneyland ParisDisneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris

All we did was park and get to the train, but I snapped a few photos anyway! :)
Disneyland ParisDisneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris

It was so empty! Definitly not as popular as it is in the states! It was old and run-down too...
Pretty sure that sign says Luxembourg. Sorry it's blurry...Pretty sure that sign says Luxembourg. Sorry it's blurry...
Pretty sure that sign says Luxembourg. Sorry it's blurry...

There are no border control gates in Europe. It's the European Union so you just drive through the countries like you would drive through states here. There is only this European Union sign that lets you know you have crossed a border.
Driving through GermanyDriving through Germany
Driving through Germany

It was so foggy and we were on this huge bridge....it was like driving off into nothing! Kind of eerie!
Driving through GermanyDriving through Germany
Driving through Germany

I was trying to capture how small and curvy the roads through the little villages were. They are meant for 2 cars too! Would be a nightmare in snow!



3rd January 2014

Your tour of Paris
Thank you for your tour and wonderful narrative of the places you went. I could almost smell the air and hear all the sounds. So happy you and J had a trip of the lifetime. Hope there are many more to come
3rd January 2014

c'est merveilleux!
One of the main reasons I've always wanted to go to Paris is to put a lock on that bridge! :-) So glad you stumbled upon it. The Eiffel Tower would be the second pick! Ha ha. The architecture is amazing and that Cathedral is absolutely breathtaking! I sure hope to make it to Paris one day. So glad you were able to go, plus have some family and friends to get in touch with as well. Thanks for the tour and for sharing your beautiful pictures. :)

Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0274s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb