Paris - Amsterdam - Berlin - Prague - Vienna


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
August 28th 2010
Published: August 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We headed off from London and caught the Eurostar to Paris. Once we arrived in Paris we got a bit of a rude shock that nothing was in English and found it hard to try to figure out the metro. After going the wrong way twice but on the right line we finally made it to the Contiki campsite. We had 2 nights in Paris and ate snails, went up the Eiffel Tower (which we lined up for 3hrs, but was worth it in the end), went and saw a cabaret show (where Tim was pulled on stage twice to do a juggling act and a dance off) and then Vic proceeded to get very drunk and vomit all over herself. We loved Paris and the weather was very warm. We checked out all the tourist hotspots like the Louvre, Arc de Triumph, Notre Dam, Champs Elysses etc.

Then we headed off to Amsterdam where we saw a live sex show (which wasn't too bad actually, wasn't all sex and had a bit of variety), strolled around the red light district, did a canal cruise, and of course had space cakes. Would have liked to have been a fly on our wall that night, where 4 of us in the room just giggled all night and pretty much kept having 4 completely different conversations. We also went to Edam to a cheese and clog making factory and rode granny bikes around the countryside which was nice.

Then we headed to Funky Berlin which was very cool and we loved. We went to this really cool club which was an old department store building that got condemned but them squatters fought to not have it torn down and it is now a crazy massive place with graffiti upon graffiti, markets, bars and an outdoor sandy area. We did a walking tour with a very enthusiastic American tour guide which was interesting and saw Checkpoint Charlie and the Berlin Wall etc. We then did a pub crawl where we had to follow clues like they would have done in West and East Germany when the wall was built. We had a relatively quite night and smoked some sheesha in a pub (Which was cool for novelty but got over it very quickly).

Next stop was Prague via Dresden. Prague was very pretty and we did a bicycle tour which was
ParisParisParis

Arc de Triomph
cool and a river cruise. Last night in Prague we did a big pub crawl which got pretty messy with lots of table top dancing.

Last stop was Vienna. In Vienna we went to a Mozart and Strauss concert, went to a schnapps museum and went to the middle of nowhere for dinner at crazy peoples house which felt more like a 5yos birthday party or Hens night. Seriously we had to sing if youre happy and you know it. And we had a fake wedding and Vic had to drink Schnapps from between Tims legs. The food was delicious though and the soup was the best weve tasted. We also had snitzel and apple strudel. The Viennese are seriously crazy loose cannons though! But in a good way.

Our Contiki group is great and we get along with everyone well. We have a relatively small group of 30 mostly from Australia, but 2 from South Africa, one American and 2 kiwis.

Also sorry about the punctuation but Europe keyboards suck!


Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

ParisParis
Paris

Eiffel Tower
ParisParis
Paris

Our Contiki Group
ParisParis
Paris

Outside the Moulin Rouge
EdamEdam
Edam

bike riding
EdamEdam
Edam

Dont think the clog quite fits
AmsterdamAmsterdam
Amsterdam

Space cake
BerlinBerlin
Berlin

Crazy club
BerlinBerlin
Berlin

Crazy club
BerlinBerlin
Berlin

Jewish Holocaust Memorial
BerlinBerlin
Berlin

Checkpoint Charlie
BerlinBerlin
Berlin

Vics pork knuckle at a beer hall. Instant heart attack
BerlinBerlin
Berlin

Tim getting ready for Oktoberfest
BerlinBerlin
Berlin

Welcome to Berlin indeed. Rainy rainy
BerlinBerlin
Berlin

Tim on the Sheesha
BerlinBerlin
Berlin

Yummyiest pretzels ever


28th August 2010

Jealous!
Awesome stuff guys! Keep the details coming :)
29th August 2010

yo piss heads
sounds like you guys are having a merry time in more ways than one! love the blog, very amusing! Berlin sounds cool! glad you liked paris, sounds like you had a better experience there than I did! Lots of pub crawls ehh? me I have been very behaved which is easy as there is no fridge at the orphange, and the power is off a few hours a day anyway!!! Me and a couple from Melbs enjoyed a botle ored however in the National Park ehich did not require chilling! One week to go, the kids dont wnat me to go, so thats hard !!! Bec xxxxx
29th August 2010

3rd party?
Sounds awesome guys! Me and Nat really wanted to go to that crazy squatters club in Berlin but ran outta time. I'm just a bit worried that you seem to have hired a narrator to write your blogs. Be careful, foreign narrators can also be pickpockets.

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb