Croatia - Slovenia - Venice - Florence - Rome - Cinque Terre


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
September 11th 2010
Published: September 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

DubrovnikDubrovnikDubrovnik

Soaking up some sun on a lovely cruise
Dubrovnik in croatia was awesome. We had beautiful weather and spent a lot of time on the beach for the first time on our trip. We also did a boat cruise and got to jump off the boat into the beautiful ocean and eat lots of seafood. After Dubrovnik we headed to Zadar via Split which were all as beautiful.

Next stop was Ljubliana which was surprisingly really cool. We also had our first hotel room since doing Contiki so loved that.

Next was our final destination Italy, starting with Venice. Venice was great and we saw a lace making demonstration, glass blowing demonstration and cruised around canals on a gondola ride in style. We had yummy wine and bellini. We then headed to Florence where we saw a leather making demonstration (well there was no making going on..we just sat there while he talked a little bit about leather). We went out for dinner and had lots of yummy pasta. The next day we headed to our last destination, Rome, via Pisa. We took some corny must do photos and continued on our way. Rome was awesome. Did all off the sight seeing like the Colleseum, Trevi Fountain, The Pantheon, The Vatican, Sistine Chapel and St Peters Basillica. The Sistine Chapel blew us away. Had our last night in Rome with our Contiki group and partied very hard. It was hard to believe that 3 weeks went so quickly!

We then continued by ourselves again to Cinque Terre. We were very hung over and it was a very difficult train ride! Cinque Terre was the first place we didn't book any accomodation for. We got off at Riomaggiore and had some luck at pretty much the first place we went to. Which was within budget and very nice. We went for a wander around and watched the sunset and then had another yummy Italian dinner. We spent 3 nights in Cinque Terre and the weather was beautiful (except for one morning when it torrentially down poured for about an hour). We explored around the towns and especially enjoyed Moterosso, which had a very nice beach. We found everyone stranglely really rude in Vernazza and once we got to the top of the never ending stairs to get into Corniglia we found that really pretty too. One thing we are loving in Europe in Nutella crepes!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

VeniceVenice
Venice

Gondola ride
VeniceVenice
Venice

Gondola ride
FlorenceFlorence
Florence

Someone enjoyed their Gelati a bit much
FlorenceFlorence
Florence

Contiki Group
RomeRome
Rome

Colloseum
RomeRome
Rome

Colloseum


13th September 2010

great photos
hey guys, looks great and relaxing. i rememberr a lot of those spots. i will take a copy for grandma. took some photos of the house yesterday so i will try to upload them tonight to your email.
16th September 2010
Dubrovnik

meh. skinny mole! :D

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb