Nice - Avignon - Barcelona - Madrid - Munich


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
September 28th 2010
Published: November 30th -0001
Edit Blog Post

NiceNiceNice

Strange restaurant! Having to eat peanuts off the table
After a long day of training from Cinque Terre we didn't get into Nice until about 5.30pm. We went to a bizarre place on the beach for dinner that poured peanuts all over our table that we had to pick apart and eat! Was yummy though. We then went to a casino and sucked as per usual and just lost money. Bad enough at gambling let alone when everything is in French! The next day we just went for a wander around Old Town and explored ourselves and then stocked up on lots of goodies from the supermarket and had a real backpacker style picnic on some random church steps. We then went to the beach and had our first experience lying on a rocky beach! We had Indian for dinner because we were starting to crave something a bit different. It was great and the waitress even asked if we knew Home and Away when we said we came from Australia. It's funny how many people say "oh do you have those Devils?" when we say we're from Tassie.

The next day we headed to Avignon which was lovely and slow paced compared to Nice and other places we'd been in Europe and our hotel was very cute and rustic. Had delicious onion soup once again with dinner. Next day we checked out Palai de Popes and went for a 45 minute cruise to see the bridge and not really much else! We really wanted to do a dinner cruise but they didn't do them those nights. We found a really nice cheap restaurant though and had the duck Vic was craving! Also had the most amazing salad either of us had ever tasted!

We then headed to Spain, first stop Barcelona. When we got in we did an afternoon tour of Gaudi. We both really loved it and was surprised how much we loved it as neither of us are usually into buildings and art all that much. We find that we're usually the only ones in the restaurants eating because everyone eats so late in Spain! The next day we did an Old City walking tour which we found a bit boring. Usually we find them really good, but this one was really slow. We rally wanted to do a cooking class but they were booked out so we went and saw a Flamenco show with Tapas and Sangria instead. The Flamenco show was very good!

Then we headed to Madrid and didn't attempt to do much there as everyone had told us there wasn't all that much to do. So we decided just to relax and take in the culture. We went for a late dinner (for us, still early compared to them!). We were surprised how safe we felt walking around late at night. The next day we went and got tattoos! Our tattoo artist didn't speak a word of English so he did well to come up with our designs which were in English! He was very cool and we were very happy with them.

Then off we headed to Munich for Oktoberfest! We had a really nice hotel which we weren't expecting. It was very luxurious and we could just catch the metro to Oktoberfest from there! We didn't get into Munich until quite late so we just grabbed some Maccas and then went to bed. The next day we got up very excitedly for Oktoberfest. It was great fun and the food was awesome too! The next morning we went to Dachau the Nazi Concentration Camp which was good.
NiceNiceNice

Eating true backpacker style
You could spend hours there with all of the reading they have in the museum. We then headed back to Oktoberfest for dinner to have some more delicious food and beer. Pork knuckle, bratwursts and chicken. Yum!

The photos are provıng hard to put up so all over the place!


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

NiceNice
Nice

Most expensive vodka & orange juice ever! 10.50
AvignonAvignon
Avignon

Cute room!
AvignonAvignon
Avignon

Palai de Popes
AvignonAvignon
Avignon

Bridge
Avignon-BarcelonaAvignon-Barcelona
Avignon-Barcelona

Early train!
BacelonaBacelona
Bacelona

Some of Gaudi's work
BarcelonaBarcelona
Barcelona

More of Gaudi's work
BarcelonaBarcelona
Barcelona

Sagradia Familia - amazing!
BarcelonaBarcelona
Barcelona

Flamenco Show
MadridMadrid
Madrid

Beso! Our tattoo artist!
OktoberfestOktoberfest
Oktoberfest

fırst beers!
OktoberfestOktoberfest
Oktoberfest

Vıew from ferrıs wheel
OktoberfestOktoberfest
Oktoberfest

Pretzel!


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb