Background: Once the seat of Viking raiders and later a major north European power, Denmark has evolved into a modern, prosperous nation that is participating in the general political and economic integration of Europe. It joined NATO in 1949 and the EEC (now the EU) in 1973. However, the country has opted out of certain elements of the European Union's Maastricht Treaty, including the European Economic and Monetary Union (EMU), European defense cooperation, and issues concerning certain justice and home affairs.
Photos from Frederikshavn
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from Frederikshavn
Latest Blogs from Frederikshavn
- July 1st 2013 One day in Frederikshavn
by Words: 357 Photos: 3
- September 10th 2008 Denmark
by Words: 698 Photos: 24
- June 20th 2008 Tag 18: Skagen - Hals
by Words: 536 Photos: 1
- August 18th 2007 Legoland!
by Words: 644 Photos: 6
- August 1st 2007 Round 2 - "New Life" in a white van!
by Words: 894 Photos: 17
- June 24th 2006 Day 49: Denmark, Frederikshavn
by Words: 150 Photos: 8