Coping With Castles in Copenhagen


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden » Copenhagen
May 4th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Frederiksborg PalaceFrederiksborg PalaceFrederiksborg Palace

This place makes Buckingham Palace look like a run down appartment block.
Our stay in Denmark was filled with days of castle hopping. Alicia pretty much took charge, as this was her 'country of choice' on our holiday. Alicia, a fan of Crown Princess Mary, wanted to make sure we squeezed in all possible attractions which involved the Crown Princess. This meant dragging Josh to all the Castles, but I think he enjoyed himself more than he leads on. They were all extremely beautiful and impressive as you can see in the photos. We also spent 1 day in Malmo Sweden, where we spent most of the day relaxing in a beautiful park.
On our final day in Denmark, Josh took a day for himself to go on a 3 hour walk around Copenhagen to take many lovely photos of objects and scenery that did not invole palaces. Alicia couldn't go because her feet had bad blisters from walking around all the palaces! Instead, she spent most of the day at an internet cafe which charged about AU$10 an hour. This gives you some iddea about how expensive Denmark is. Needless to say, this is why we were living on microwave meals! All this aside, Denmark is a beautiful country. Alicia thinks it is 2nd best, behind Australia of course! This has nothing to do with Princess Mary! wink wink!


Additional photos below
Photos: 63, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

A Sign in DanishA Sign in Danish
A Sign in Danish

We think it explains why the train we just took didn't stop at the place we needed to get off.
Our TentOur Tent
Our Tent

We got to the camping after the reception had closed, but we put up our tent anyway ;)
ChaosChaos
Chaos

We spent about 3 hours trying to get from the train station near our campsite into centeral copenhagen. The tracks were being repaired or something, and there was 1 replacement bus for about 200 people. Eventually we gave up and went back to the camp site. Lets just say it wasn't a great start to our stay in Denmark!
Arriving in FredensborgArriving in Fredensborg
Arriving in Fredensborg

Alicia was so excited! But we were a couple of days too late to see the new little princess arriving home! Alicia was mad about that.
Fredensborg PalaceFredensborg Palace
Fredensborg Palace

This is where the Queen is staying at the moment. It is also where Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary are residing whilst their palace at Amalienborg is being renovated.
Alicia in Front of Chancellory HouseAlicia in Front of Chancellory House
Alicia in Front of Chancellory House

This is where Mary and Frederik live. It is an expansion of Fredensborg Palace.
A Dog at Fredensborg PalaceA Dog at Fredensborg Palace
A Dog at Fredensborg Palace

We know the Queen has a sausage dog, so we think this might be it! Ooohhh....we have now seen royalty!
Those Scandinavians Are SmartThose Scandinavians Are Smart
Those Scandinavians Are Smart

You set the time to the minute you arrived so the parking inspector knows how long you've been in the park.
Microwaved DinnerMicrowaved Dinner
Microwaved Dinner

Looks just like on the box!!! This meal made Alicia very sick :(
Danish Design CentreDanish Design Centre
Danish Design Centre

They had an exhibition on called Magic Design: Products That Changed Our Lives


Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 74; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb