Background: Once the seat of Viking raiders and later a major north European power, Denmark has evolved into a modern, prosperous nation that is participating in the general political and economic integration of Europe. It joined NATO in 1949 and the EEC (now the EU) in 1973. However, the country has opted out of certain elements of the European Union's Maastricht Treaty, including the European Economic and Monetary Union (EMU), European defense cooperation, and issues concerning certain justice and home affairs.
Photos from Copenhagen
Blogs from Copenhagen
Latest Blogs from Copenhagen
- December 5th 2013 The Little Mermaid and Amalienborg Palace, Copenhagen
by Words: 1226 Photos: 8
- December 4th 2013 Rosenborg Castle and Tivoli Garden Christmas lights, Copenhagen
by Words: 1234 Photos: 9
- October 29th 2013 A Royal Occasion
by Words: 1103 Photos: 12
- September 26th 2013 The birthday girl - AKA Nicola - arrives in Copenhagen
by Words: 396 Photos: 23
- September 23rd 2013 Copenhagen
by Words: 1093 Photos: 4
- August 11th 2013 All Packed and Ready to Go!
by Words: 259 Photos: 5
- July 24th 2013 Music and rides
by Words: 455 Photos: 2
- July 22nd 2013 wonderful, wonderful Copenhagen
by Words: 627 Photos: 0
- July 16th 2013 Denmark, Sweden, Estonia and Russia - Week 10
by Words: 1303 Photos: 0
- July 15th 2013 COPENHAGEN
by Words: 304 Photos: 5
- July 10th 2013 Copenhagen: Jazz, Design and Herrings!
by Words: 961 Photos: 41
- June 27th 2013 Kopenhagen: zeemeermin(netje), super pretpark en véél fietsers
by Words: 270 Photos: 4
- June 26th 2013 eindelijk in kopenhagen
by Words: 379 Photos: 0
- April 21st 2013 Crazy Things People Do for Love
by Words: 1130 Photos: 6
- April 20th 2013 The Sunny Side of Copenhagen
by Words: 1430 Photos: 7
- April 4th 2013 Bike City
by Words: 421 Photos: 4
- March 18th 2013 Copenhagen
by Words: 711 Photos: 10
- February 22nd 2013 Danish-Canadian, who knew?
by Words: 892 Photos: 6
- February 18th 2013 Update!
by Words: 2055 Photos: 14
- February 15th 2013 Danmark er min tredie hjem nu. Denmark, beginning of a third home.
by Words: 279 Photos: 19