The snow and us


Advertisement
Bulgaria's flag
Europe » Bulgaria » Blagoevgrad Province » Bansko
March 6th 2007
Published: March 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Finally the day arrived! The most anticipated trip of all!
We were all really excited about going snowbording, we had been preparing ourselves for a few months now.
Arriving in Sofia we had a driver waiting to take us to Bansko. The ride was rough, long and we really started to wonder if we were going the right direction - we finally got there at ten in the evening.
Everyday it was a really early start mainly because we couldn't hold the boys in the chalet for very long. We rented our equipment and up we went to the slopes, that's when we actually realized what we were getting ourselves into and the fact that except for Ant none of us had ever snowboarded. Jana ski's evey winter but she thought that as everyone was going to snowboard she would also give it a try. Considering all that, we hired an instructor for two hours just to give us an idea of what to do - best money spent in the whole holiday.
It was really hard work to say the least! Tom, Scotchy and Jana got it really quick and soon Halie and Axe were left on their own on the beginners slope - for the next three days! We worked so hard but only on the last day we actually got the courage to leave the beginners slope and go play with the grown ups. It was lots of fun but we got hurt so many times that every night back at the chalet we would compare our bruises to see who had the largest or ugliest - the competition was hard between Scotchy and Halie, but we had to give the title to Scotchy!
The resort where we were staying was great, it had spas, warm pools, bars everything that we needed to be entertained and it was very cheap. We had nice meals every night, but the nights didn't last very long due to the hard work we had done all day.
Unfortunately good things come to an end and on our last day we decided to not snowboard as we wouldn't really have the time. We had a nice breakfast that morning and the boys even allowed us to sleep in. After breakfast we got the free bus from the resort to the village. We were the only ones on the bus and realized that the bus driver was taking a detour into the not so touristic Bansko. We started to get really worried when the bus turned into a really deserted area of Bansko and really freaked out when it turned into a deserted warehouse with electric gates. We serioulsy considered running out of the bus, which would've been really funny considering that the bus driver was only getting petrol and couldn't let us know bacause he didn't speak English. We had a really good laugh, but had to admit that we had never been so scared!
Arriving in the village, finaly, we went to look for snowboards. It was really worth buying them there as it was so cheap.
We said goodbye to Bansko and left to Sofia where we spent our last night. Unfortunately we got there quite late so couldn't really visit the city and to be honest we were all very tired. We had a huge chinese dinner and went to bed.
It was the best holiday, we had a lot of fun and Tom came back home with a personality issue - he doesn't know if he is a snowborder or a surfer....or maybe both!



Additional photos below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 78; dbt: 0.061s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb